Country: Afghanistan –Kabul
Action Against Hunger has been operating in Afghanistan since 1979. Its very first mission, has seen a strong focus on emergency responses, targeting primarily refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, and flood/drought affected populations. Integrated projects in nutrition and health, water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods, and in mental health and care practices are implemented in 4 provinces. Our work with local partners is essential to gain access to more geographical areas.
In 2017, 1,973 displaced persons had their access to sanitation and hygiene improved through latrines and hygiene kits, and 21,724 displaced persons benefited from cash distributions to support their immediate needs such as food, a shelter etc.
In the coming years, ACF will focus on an integrated approach to respond to and prevent humanitarian crises, address vulnerability and reinforce longer-term resilience to food, water and nutritional crises and to improve the resilience of communities.
Since 2015, the Action Against Hunger Afghanistan mission operates with fewer bases, but with an increased number of staff. 400 national staff and 13 expatriates operate on 3 bases: Kabul, Helmand and Ghor. In 2017, activities were funded by institutional donors such as GAC, ECHO, OCHA, SIDA, UNICEF and the World Bank, amounting to 13.6 million euros.
Length of contract: 6 months with possibility of extension**
Your mission: Under the DCD support responsibility, you ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation. More precisely, you will be in charge of :
Contribute to the definition of mission strateg
Creating the budgetary framework of the mission
Ensure high quality accounting for the mission
Ensure high quality cash management for the mission
Provide financial and budgetary management
Promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners
Prevent and manage fraud and corruption
Establish living standards for the mission
Manage the Finance team in capital and be Technical/Support Manager of Finance Managers in the bases
The day-to-day management of his/her team (guidance, follow-up, motivation…) evaluating the performance and developing the skills of his/her team members management of the teams for which s/he is support/technical Manager
Your profile: You hold a relevant degree in Finance and/or Business Administration. You have at least at least 5 years experience in humanitarian sector, with experience with ECHO, USAID FFP, OFDA, EU, DFID grants. Holder of good analytical skills, you are able to strategize and provide strong leadership to the finance team. You are recognized for your autonomy, your communication and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English is mandatory, Knowledge of SAGA is a plus.
Your status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Your remuneration and benefits :
· Monthly gross salary from €2450 to €2660 upon experience.
· Per diem and living allowance: around 383 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
· + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance
· + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
· + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
Medical coverage:** 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:**
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· Break every 8 weeks
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission
· Individual room in guesthouse covered
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· 2/3 days training on financial tools before departure
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request
National applications are possible and hiring conditions are in according to the national remuneration package.
This vacancy is archived.