Overview of position
The SANDSIS project has been devised to support both Afghan Authorities and the Italian Development Co-Operation in defining and implementing National Infrastructure projects included in the National and Regional Resource Corridors Program (NRRCP) of the Afghan Government. Specifically after approval of amendment #7, support and techncal Assistance in two components; a) Continuation of TA to REMABAR-II Project and b) TA to the Afghanistan Railway Authority in the preparation and launch of the 'Soft Loan' financed Khaf to Herat Railway Project.
Provide Technical Assistance TA and Capacity Building to the ARA design team during the review of the ARA out-sourced railway design in controlling railway traffic management of tracks, the signal sytstem in terms of safety and accuracy, reviewing the electrical and signalling of the 'transit' station and the 'terminal' station.
Provide project management advice in respect of all signalling construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision
TSP Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager and will report to TSP - PM/DPM.
Consultant is required to report on weekly,monthly and at the end of the assignment about the progress.status of the work.
● Ten or more (10+) years of professional experience in the railroad signaling industry.
● Knowledge of the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of railroad signaling equipment including: Power Operated Switch Machines (POSM), Railroad Crossing Gates, Wayside Signals, Relay and Solid-State Track Circuits, Vital and Non-Vital Interlocking Processors, Vital and Non-Vital Railway Signal Electromechanical Relays, Local Control Panels, Railroad Signal Cabling, Railroad Signal Power Distribution Equipment.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
● Ability to travel as required to job sites.
● Knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Rules Standards and Instructions applicable to railroad signal systems.
● Knowledge of AREMA Communication & Signal recommended practices.
● Knowledge of railroad signaling construction practices.
● Competent with software applications including Acrobat Professional, MS Excel & MS Word.
● Comfortable with interacting with the client in a group setting and individually.
● Punctual, reliable and with a strong attention to detail.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Works collaboratively with colleagues
Geographical Experience: Prior experience in Middle East to know the systems and standards and advise on systems that are most suitable to the requirements for the Development of the Afghanistan National Railway System. taking into account the existing railway systems and adopting them effectively to the Afghan needs.
This vacancy is archived.