The purpose of the L&D Coordinator is to work closely with NRC CM senior Management to assess and propose required changes, work to have in place an effective collaboration with the Country HR team and the Area offices on delivering the global, regional and country Learning and Development activities.
The person will be leading and delivering the Learning and Development initiatives e.g facilitating training and or coordinating with consultants to deliver the initiatives.
The role may also be required to handle other HR functions, ensure compliance and support to have in place a reliable Country HR System keeping in view the growing needs of the country programme.
- Implement the Country Learning and Development guidelines and initiatives
- Responsible for the coordination and conducting NRC Ways induction courses according to set timelines for all staff in Cameroon
- Support country TOT trainers to deliver the NRC Ways in Cameroon
- In close coordination with the regional L&D Adviser, coordinate and encourage staff to take online training modules to have 100% compliance
- Plan and coordinate new Learning and Development initiatives from Head Office and the Regional Office.
- Promote Organizational learning across the country
- Responsible for planning and implementing the NRC Annual Learning and Development Plan in close cooperation with Area Managers, Head of Departments, Heads of Support, Country HR Manager and Country Director.
- Responsible for mapping Learning and Development financial forecast to feed into the annual budgets
- Stimulate, document and share lessons learned and best practices on leadership initiatives and capacity building
- Contribute to strengthening performance management in Cameroon and ensure clear links and pathways to career and professional development
- Train the HR teams and line managers on all relevant HR L&D tools and procedures, including, but not limited to setting induction processes, people management, leadership etc.
- Take the lead to develop a staff learning and development system and action plan for the country program.
- Develop relevant monitoring tools and come up with a report at the end of each quarter to NRC CM Management with clear recommendations and future plan of action for efficient working of the HR department.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or any other relevant discipline related to Learning and Development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in delivering Training and Learning and Development programmes and organizational learning and development
- Capacity to systematically enquire and to analyse trends in learning and development needs across the country
- knowledge of online web-based learning and Development
- Fluency in English and French, written and verbal.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
We Offer a fix term contract of 12 months based in Yaounde CO Office with 40% of field and area travel. This position is placed at grade 7 of NRC salary Cameroon grid . The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country. Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.