Action Against Hunger has been operating in Yemen since 2012, upscaling its emergency activities in 2016 due to the conflict between Al Houthi and the Saudi-led coalition. Yemen is currently facing one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises, with 80% of the population in need of humanitarian aid. Action Against Hunger has responded to multiple large-scale and interconnected emergencies: conflict, famine and a cholera epidemic, using a multisectoral approach (Nutrition & Health, Food Security, WASH and Mental Health programming) and by piloting the country’s first Rapid Response Mechanism alongside UNICEF. Donors supporting these programs are the EU through ECHO and DEVCO, UN agencies (UNICEF, WFP, UNOCHA, UNFPA), GAC, DFID, SIDA and private foundations. Focus is now on providing life-saving quality health and nutrition services, addressing the causes of hunger and undernutrition and promoting evidence-based programming through surveillance, analysis, and advocacy.
Aden is a port city located by the Arabian Sea (Aden Gulf) and temperatures can be quite high. Office and guesthouse are in the same compound. The rooms are private and personal. The building is supplied with public electricity and a generator is also available. Due to the current security situation, social options are very limited, not only for ACF but for all organizations.
The position: Under the supervision of the field coordinator, you will be responsible to implement the logistics policy of the mission to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs throughout your zone
More specially, you will be in charge to
- Provide leadership in Logistics for your zone
- Manage the Logistics team in the base
- Implement and ensure the performance of the supply chain
- Implement and ensure the performance of facilities management
- Implement and ensure the performance of information and communication technologies
- Set in place and follow up collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission's partners
- Participate to security management
The applicant: You hold a graduate degree in logistics, and you have at least 3 years of experience in managing humanitarian supply chain in the field for an international NGO, including an experience in a security-tense context.
You have a thorough understanding of donor rules and regulations.
As a manager, you have developed strong training and capacity-building skills, including experience in remote control.
Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, are required.
Familiarity with the regional/national culture and dynamics is a major asset. Knowledge of ACF operations and practices will be a plus. Fluent English compulsory, Arabic-speaking skills highly desirable.
Length of contract: 12 months starting as July 1st 2020
Remuneration and benefits:
· Monthly gross salary from 2010€ to 2335€ upon experience.
+ Per diem and living allowance: 616€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
+ 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
+ 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
+ Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 2 months)
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year.
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
This vacancy is archived.