About United Nations University:
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
For more information, please visit http://unu.edu.
United Nations University for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (UNU-FLORES):
The mission of UNU-FLORES is to contribute, through research, capacity development and dissemination of knowledge, to the resolution of pressing challenges in the area of sustainable use and integrated management of environmental resources (water, soil and waste), particularly in developing and transitional countries. It aims to serve within the UN as the think-tank on resources management and be internationally recognised as a major hub and intellectual focal point promoting integrated management strategies addressing, in particular, the needs of developing and emerging countries. The Institute is located in Dresden, Federal Republic of Germany. For more information, please visit http://flores.unu.edu.
Under the authority and direct supervision of the Director of UNU-FLORES, the successful candidate shall support the Director with the finalisation of an upcoming book publication by performing the following tasks:
· Conduct a systematic review and update of the references in the book;
· Revise the graphics and illustrations in PowerPoint;
· Develop and produce a high-quality index for the book.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Currently enrolled in the final year of a bachelor’s degree, or enrolled in a master’s degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: environmental sciences, sustainability management, environmental resource management, communications, journalism, or a related field;
· Experience with sustainability management or environmental resources management would be highly advantageous;
· Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite particularly Word and PowerPoint;
· Be results and detail-orientated;
· Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently;
· Ability to prioritise tasks and report work activities in a timely and proactive manner;
· Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English and German. (Candidates must be able to demonstrate they are at the C2 level in German if they are non-native speakers);
· Good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organisation.
UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
The remuneration for this assignment is 10.00 euro per hour.
Duration of Contract: **
This position is being offered as a part-time employment (maximum 20 hours per week) for a duration of ten weeks (up to a maximum of 200 hours). The work shall be completed by 31 October 2020 at the latest.
The successful candidate will be employed under a consultant CTC contract based in Dresden, Germany and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations.
Starting Date: as soon as possible**
This vacancy is archived.