The purpose of the Shelter Cluster Coordinator position is to oversee and implement the project as per required standards. The following is a brief description of the role.
Generic responsibilitiesAdherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures Provide regular shelter cluster updates to Head of Programme. Develop and prepare different shelter typologies, where required, in close collaboration with Shelter Specialist Mobilize on national shelter cluster level for more shelter funding because of dire shelter needs. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
The role of the Co-Chair is to work closely in support of the sector lead agency (UNHCR) in coordination and representation of NGOs, INGOs, UN agencies and other Humanitarian organizations who are members of the Shelter and NFI Cluster and delivering assistance in Somalia.
1. Effective and efficient input into the Shelter cluster coordination architectureParticipate in the preparation of regular Shelter cluster meetings and co-chair the meetings. Represent the Shelter Cluster in the Inter-Cluster Coordination Group (ICCG) when needed. Ensuring inclusion of key humanitarian partners for the Shelter cluster. Co-chair some of the Technical Working Groups (TWiGs).
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
Context/ Specific skills, education, knowledge and experience:
• Advanced University Degree (Master’s/ MPhil) in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in shelter cluster coordination position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCad, Information Management (IM) software, MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate Internet.
• Knowledge of Ali Sabieh and Ali Addeh contexts
• Fluency in English language is must, both written and verbal.
For Additional information, See Attached Job Description
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Salary: accoring to NRC Grading Structure
All nationals are invited to apply.The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country. Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
This vacancy is archived.