Assignment: In coordination with the REACH Country Focal Point, the Data Officer is responsible for the production of IMPACT’s analysis products in Lebanon, including the preparation of research design, support in designing sampling methods, data analysis plans, data collection tools, data cleaning scripts and processes, analysis scripts, analysis outputs and (as relevant) production of web maps and information management systems. The REACH Data Officer will liaise with the Assessment Officer to ensure timely and qualitative collection of data from local partners based in Lebanon during the assessment period. Fulfilling other duties when requested by the Country Focal Point or Assessment Manager. We are currently looking for a Data Officer to support our Lebanon team based in Beirut.
The REACH Data Officer is responsible for completing the following tasks:
· Development of assessment Kobo forms based on templates/translations provided by the Assessment Officer and/or Country Coordinator
· Train enumerators on the use of data collection methods, tools, and processes
· Follow-up on data technical issues pertaining to data collection in Lebanon
· Provide timely and accurate updates to the REACH Research Manager of any changes or challenges in data collection
· Provide support to other REACH team members as required in data aspects.
· Creation of validation and cleaning processes on incoming data
· General maintenance of (relational) databases
· Develop training materials on data collection techniques, data safety and security, among other topics
· In coordination with the REACH Country Focal point, under the direct supervision of the REACH Research Manager, participate in coordination platforms based in Beirut as needed and relevant
· Data Analysis
· Develop and validate R scripts to implement technical data analysis plans developed, ensuring that these are in line with IMPACT data analysis guidelines for probability samples.
· Coordinate with Assessment staff to develop detailed technical data analysis plans (DAP) for quantitative data collected through REACH/IMPACT assessment cycles
· With the support of the Assessment team, work to develop automated data pipelines for quality checking during data collection processes.
· With the support of Assessment teams, work to develop and implement data cleaning protocols for each assessment cycle, and review data cleaning outputs prior to validation
· Develop and maintain existing data engineering pipelines using alternative data sources (web scraping, social media, etc.)**
· Coordinate work across different assessment cycles within the data unit
· Contribute towards the identification and implementation of effective and adapted data management and analysis solutions for research in Lebanon
· Implement operational processes and controls to help ensure that data management services are of the highest quality by providing appropriate support to enumerators;
· Assist in the recruitment, training and on-going support of data collectors and data entry personnel, where appropriate.
· Relevant degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline
· Good programming knowledge
· Proven experience analysing complex data with R or knowledge of other programming languages and packages
· Fluent speaking and writing English and Arabic language
· Experience with Linux and server administration
· Experience with relational databases (Postgres)
· Knowledge of Tableau, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
· Interest or knowledge of basic GIS software packages
· Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO);
This vacancy is archived.