Background UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
In August 2022 the United Nations in Moldova launches a new project – “Building sustainable and inclusive peace, strengthening trust and social cohesion in Moldova”.
This project, led by OHCHR, will be implemented primarily by OHCHR, UNDP and UN Women in partnership with civil society organizations, decision-makers and professionals from both banks of the Nistru-river.
Under this project OHCHR will work on strengthening the cross-river engagement and productive interaction at the level of government and de-facto structures, civil society organizations, National Human Rights Institution and the human rights focal point on the left bank, community level, and also on strengthening responses to divisive narratives and misinformation to reduce social tensions.
The work of OHCHR under the project will be funded by the United Nations Peace Building Funds. The implementation duration of the OHCHR component will be 24 months, starting in September 2022.
The major interventions under the OHCHR-led component of the project will be:
• Empowerment of rights-holders – communities, CSOs, the People’s Advocate (Ombudsman) and the Human Rights focal point on the left bank, to strengthen their engagement and contributions to the cross-river dialogue and ultimately to the settlement talks on human rights issues.
• Increased capacity of duty-bearers – settlement process actors will have their knowledge and skills increased from a human rights and gender equality perspective, so that these are better integrated into the negotiation agenda.
• Awareness raising among society about the misinformation, divisive narratives and hate speech.
• Support implementation capacity of authorities in regard to the new legal framework tackling hate speech.
• Support initiative on monitoring, reporting and combating misinformation and divisive narratives.
The two main outcomes the project aims to achieve are as follows:
Outcome 1 – Strengthened cross-river engagement and productive interaction through the advancement of human rights, the Women, Peace and Security agenda and improved access to social services
Outcome 2 – Strengthened responses to divisive narratives and misinformation thereby reducing inter-community tensions.
The Project Associate will report to the Finance and Administrative Associate heading the project management support team. The Project Associate will support OHCHR in ensuring the smooth running and implementation of the OHCHR component of the “Building sustainable and inclusive peace, strengthening trust and social cohesion in Moldova” project (pending approval). The Project Associate will assist in the implementation of day-to-day activities, in the framework of the OHCHR Annual Work and Cost Plans. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with all relevant programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies applying. Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the smooth and efficient implementation of project activities, as requested;
• Provides logistical support to the organization of meetings, events, external translation and other related activities;
• Assist the OHCHR Finance and Administrative Associate and other key OHCHR staff in all administrative-related matters, such as logistics support to different events organized by the project, drafting of the minutes for these events and, coordination of field visits and international missions to the project;
• Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance, if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with policies and procedures in force;
• Prepare and issue contracts related to the project;
• Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of project activities;
• Handle the preparation of all project-related documents;
• Maintain the project’s database, including registry and maintenance of project files and records;
• Maintain office equipment and manage office stationery supplies;
• Provide general efficient receptionist and information services;
• Draft and translate correspondence, when needed;
• Compile, copy and distribute all project reports;
• Conduct other related tasks as requested.
• Prepare requests in advance of funds and/or direct payments;
• Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of budget and spending;
• Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
• Prepare and submit expenditure and budget status reports;
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on ad hoc basis;
• Arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services.
The achievement of the above key results will have an impact on the overall successful implementation and achievement of the objectives of the Project.Competencies
Corporate Competencies:Demonstrates commitment to OHCHR, wider United Nations. Understands and adheres to all relevant rules, regulations and procedures and guidelines, including OHCHR rules and procedures, as well as, where relevant and applicable, UNDP and UNOG rules, regulations and procedures and guidelines. Adheres to the highest standards of professional ethics in a human rights context. Exhibits the highest levels of respect for cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, age, sexual orientation and gender identity differences, and endeavors on a permanent basis to advance self-awareness of respect among the diversity of peoples as a core UN value.
Knowledge Management and LearningShares knowledge and experience Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational EffectivenessProven ability to problem-solve, and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment Excellent interpersonal skills Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Leadership and Self-ManagementFocuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure or in situations of multiple demands Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities Required Skills and Experience Education: University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, human rights, public administration or other related field.
Experience:At least four years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other relevant substantive area is required. Previous experience in an international organisation, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements:Fluency in oral and written English, Russian and Romanian is a must. Knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
Required DocumentsPersonal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers. A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position. Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Disclaimer Applicant information about UNDP rosters Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements. Scam warning The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
This vacancy is archived.