UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the facilitation of the settlement of the Transnistrian conflict by supporting the increase of confidence between Chisinau and Tiraspol through joint initiatives involving local authorities, civil society organizations and other stakeholders from both sides of the river.
• To contribute to economic and social development by ensuring a more equal access to the opportunities provided by the AA and its DCFTA and integration between the two banks of the Nistru River;
• To tackle the growing disparity between the Transnistrian Region and the rest of the country by supporting local development and CSOs;
• To continue supporting the sectoral rapprochement in pilot sectors (i.e. Culture and others) and to progressively include Transnistria in Moldovan-wide development initiatives in order to facilitate the future reintegration while limiting the development gap between both banks;
• To support the activities of media on both banks of Nistru river through common media production.
The programme will represent a framework for engaging in development interventions across the security zone on both sides of the Nistru/Dniestr River, comprising a series of activities that will strengthen, regularize and intensify interaction between otherwise divided societies, aiming to establish this interaction as a norm.
The programme will represent a framework for engaging in development interventions across the security zone on both sides of the Nistru/Dniestr River, in line with agreements reached in the 5+2 negotiation process. As such, it is comprised of a series of activities that will strengthen, regularize and intensify interaction between otherwise divided societies, aiming to establish this interaction as a norm. It looks to deal strategically with barriers to cooperation experienced by all development cooperation actors working in Transnistria by building the trust towards such actions and broadening opportunities for engagement for a wide range of actors. Special focus will be given to balancing the actual support of the programme to communities on both banks of the Nistru/Dniestr River.
Scope of Work
The Project Associate in close cooperation with the project team, under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, will ensure the provision of administrative and financial services of the highest quality and standards to the project team, UNDP Country office, as well as national counterparts and clients. More specifically:
• Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
• Provide support to national and international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc) and coordinate short-term consultants;
• Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
• Prepare and issue contracts;
• Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
• Draft minutes of Project Board and other project related meetings;
• Assume responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
• Prepare Travel Authorizations and F10 claims for project staff and consultants;
• Arrange and coordinate translation services/projects;
• Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Project Board, pre-bidding conferences, launching events, workshops, interviews, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
• Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
• Contribute to preparation of recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
• Verify vendor’s information in Atlas and submit requests for vendor updates;
• Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
• In accordance with the project Work Plan support the procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
• Create and manage e-requisitions in ATLAS;
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
• Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
• Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
• Maintain an equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
• Other duties as assigned.
The key results have a direct impact on the overall successful achievement of the Support to Confidence Building Measures project. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision-making of the Project Board, the Beneficiary and UNDP management.
Direct supervisor: Programme Manager
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Manager the incumbent contributes to an effective and efficient implementation of confidence building projects through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Project Associate works in close collaboration with the Project team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Business Management/Digital Awareness and LiteracyAbility and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Business Management/Operations ManagementAbility to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
Business Management/Customer Satisfaction/Client ManagementAbility to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solution, and deliver timely and quality results ans/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
External Relations and Advocacy/Event planning and executionAbility to plan, manage and execute of public and private events to ensure that they support and amplify individual communications and advocacy initiatives, as well as UNDP's overall brand and mandate
Administration and Operations/Entitlement travelKnowledge of policy and procedures related to entitlement travel, including the identification of entitlement for lump sum for UNDP as well as other UN agencies
Administration and Operations/Documents and records managementOverall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
Administration and Operations/Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings)Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
This vacancy is archived.