* This position is open to Ethiopian nationals ONLY
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP and the Government of Ethiopia signed a Standard Basic Assistance Agreement in February 1981 (see new country programme document).
The graphic designer will be part of UNDP Ethiopia’s Development Communication and Advocacy Hub (DCA Hub).
The graphic designer will be working under the direct supervision of the DCA Hub team leader and will be responsible for transforming text-based information and communications materials into visual graphic design materials such as infographic, brochures, data visualization, multimedia etc. The graphic designer will also be responsible for proactively identifying design opportunities, and developing designs and layout for various communication, knowledge and visibility products both for online, print and audiovisual. The graphic designer will work closely with other members of the hub, programme and operation staff to produce graphic design of communication material in English and other local languages. He/she will also be expected to provide recommendations and introduce the best and most relevant visual design style and materials suitable for UNDP projects for various target audiences, liaising closely with programme and operations teams.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
Design communication products
• Provide design, illustration and multimedia services for diverse knowledge products including publications, infographics, project leaflets, posters, briefs, e/newsletters, papers, PowerPoints, decks, annual report, online/offline event branding, social media materials in various multimedia mediums.
• Proactively identify opportunities for translating programme work and outcomes into engaging illustrations/multimedia outputs.
Ensure quality and standards
• Ensure adherence to corporate templates and standards, while exploring developments in design and audiovisual styles as well as resources available to strengthen engagement and visibility.
Strengthen knowledge management
Strengthen the country office knowledge management efforts through developing creative concepts for digital and print materials, ensuring consistency in branding as well as creating reader-friendly engaging products from reports.
Enhance visibility of country office engagements
• Support the country office communication work handled by the Development Communication and Advocacy Hub, including media engagement and events to creatively enhance visibility opportunities for UNDP and partners.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design/multimedia, communication, architecture, fine arts, or related fields. specific qualifications, or technical studies in design or layout will be given due consideration.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
• Minimum 2 years of experience in design and strong layout skills.
• Very good creative skills and advanced command over a full range of graphic design software, including Adobe Suite/CC such as illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premier or other video editing software.
• Experience in development of statistics, charts, infographics, data visualization.
• Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed products with knowledge of printing processes and colour management.
• Experience in developing design related to women’s empowerment and gender equality will be an asset.
• Previous work experience with the UN and other international organizations will be an asset.
• Proficiency in oral and written in English.
• Working knowledge of local language/s will be an asset.
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
Innovation - Achieve Results
This vacancy is archived.