The Finance Manager – Budget and reporting will ensure high quality of budget, donor and internal financial reports. The position requires comprehensive financial management experience, proactive communication with budget holders and ability to utilize feedback effectively. The post holder will be tasked with supporting regional nationalization targets by identifying qualified national staff for capacity building purposes. This job requires high-level flexibility given the emergency setting.
1. Budgeting and Reporting
• Work with the Deputy Finance Controller in the management of Grants Budget and Financial Reports ensuring timely submission of high-quality reports to HQ and the donors.
• Ensure participatory approach towards budget formulation working with different departments to inform costs.
• Put in place an up to date standard budgeting information of all shared program costs in consultation with other support departments.
• Ensure that approved budgets are promptly posted in SUN Accounting software and submitted to Head Quarters for timely synchronization on the online BVA.
• Ensure accurate links between IRC internal budget formats with donor formats. The links should be complete and devoid of any discrepancies.
• Ensure online BVAs capture all relevant information including budget titles as approved in the donor budgets.
• Provide support to ensure that the BVA’s are monitored, spending plans completed and updated accordingly.
2. Grants Management
• Participate in the Grants Review meetings ensuring that action points for finance are followed through to fair conclusion prior to subsequent review meetings.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly reports as per the Grants Agreements, ensuring donor compliance, completeness and accuracy of the donor reports.
• Actively participate in grants meetings to provide effective support to programs. Work with Program Coordinators and operations staff to develop and update spending plans for analysis against burn rates.
• In liaison with the Finance Manager – Accounting, ensure that any adjusting entries made are posted in SUN timely.
• Ensure that the revenue accounts are reconciled, work with Grants and Deputy Finance Controller to clear the grants receivables in a timely manner.
• Ensure that both soft copy and hard copies of financial reports are properly filed for ease of reference.
• Complete BVA analysis on a monthly basis and share any concerns with the Deputy Finance Controller and the Budget holders in a timely manner.
• Ensure that any audit findings are appropriately addressed
• Contribute to the Country operating budget forecast as requested.
• Work closely with the Deputy Finance Controller in ensuring that all the cost methodology employed across the Country program meet the audit threshold and donor requirements.
3. Capacity Building
• In consultation with Deputy finance Controller, identify gaps and initiate training for finance and non-finance staff.
• Assess the skill and experience of the Finance Officers under Budget and Reporting and ensure adequate in-house training.
• Ensure that the Budget holders gain a greater understanding of the account codes – use and analysis for more robust financial resource management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions is preferable.
• Minimum of 3 to 5-year professional accounting experience.
• The advance command in English in both writings is essential and speaking. Understanding Arabic is a plus.
• Computer literate with significant experience in excel accounting package knowledge (preferred in SUN system).
• Able to work under pressure, able to multitask, excellent team player and able to work in a multinational environment.
• Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
• Travel to field offices and sub-offices whenever is needed.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Derek with travel to field offices within, Syria. Accommodation will be in shared housing, which includes basic amenities including internet and electricity.
Returning National Candidates: We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing, and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.