Org. Setting and Reporting
Supervisor and Technical Guidance received:
-The incumbent reports to the Chief Relief and Social Services Programme (CFRSSP) through Deputy Chief Relief and Social Services Programme
Supervisees and Technical Guidance provided:
- The incumbent supervises and provides technical guidance and support to Eligibility and Registration staff assigned to the Division at the Field and Area offices, as appropriate. Responsibilities
- Manages and plans the Eligibility and Registration activities, including reviewing/recommending amendment where necessary, and supervising the implementation of eligibility and registration instructions, manuals and procedures governing eligibility and registration activities, to improve the quality of services provided to registered refugees;
- Provides overall supervision, technical guidance and support to Registration and Eligibility staff in the Field and Areas; conducts field visits to ensure that work is carried out in a consistent and efficient manner;
- Verifies and recommends the new registration and re-registration applications submitted by refugees to determine their eligibility for registration according to the stipulated eligibility and registration criteria prior to recommendation for action by the Chief, Relief and Social Services Programme;
- Supervises data verification and analyses for planning and monitoring purposes and ensures the smooth running of the Refugee Registration Information System (RRIS) in coordination with the Senior Refugee Registration Information Systems Officer, HQA;
- Acts as the focal point for queries on eligibility and registration status from internal and external parties and corresponds accordingly; acts as the principal custodian for the authentication of the Agency’s registration records and digitally scanned documents of registered refugees/persons, ensuring their safety, accuracy and appropriate usage;
- Maintains and enhances good relations and coordinates with all Departments/Programmes in UNRWA and external concerned parties to facilitate an accurate registration processes, and other Divisional activities;
- Performs training needs assessment to Eligibility and Registration staff; organizes and implements the required training and capacity building to improve service delivery;
- Manages the Division’s budget, including budget preparation and expenditure monitoring, preparation of Key Performance Indicators; contributes to the overall Department planning and management;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s). Competencies
- Competencies :
UN Core Values of Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default. Default managerial competencies may apply. In addition, the following Functional Competencies apply:
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Planning and Organizing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Analyzing Education
- A university degree in Business Administration, Demography, Population or any related discipline.
¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ -
- At least six years' relevant experience of which at least three years should have been at a supervisory level is required.
- ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿. Languages
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
.¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿- Assessment
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview. Special Notice
* Conditions of service:
- Fixed term Appointment for 3 years; including 1 year of probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
- Monthly basic salary: 902.70 USD
- SPOA 25% of basic salary
- Grade: 16
Other benefits include:
• Provident Fund contribution (15.4% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
• Dependency allowances (if applicable).
• 30 days of annual leave in addition to maternity, paternity and sick leaves.
- Candidates who are invited to a written test should submit their academic qualifications, employment certificates and other required documents, either before the date of the test, or on the day of the test. Failure to do so may entail disqualification from the recruitment process.
- ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
- Candidates should also submit a statement of non-employment (3 copies) given that governmental, or joint sector employees cannot be appointed to UNRWA posts even if they have leave without pay permit.
- ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ 3 ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿.
- Candidates who succeed in the recruitment process and receive an offer of appointment to the respective post must submit a notification issued by GAPAR to the effect that they have reported to GAPAR and have filled the required forms for obtaining approval of competent government authorities.
- ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿:
- They should also submit the following:
• Statement of non-conviction (3 copies). ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ 3
• Copy of personal ID. ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿
Equivalency may apply for this post.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
* General information
1. This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, only candidates who reside in Syria at the time of applications are eligible to apply. The Agency does not assume responsibilities nor support the issuance of work permits for those who has no legal documents to live in Syria;
2. Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity.
3. UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women;
4. A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post;
5. Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA’s online e-recruitment system inspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a candidate;
6. For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA grade level. To do so applicants should select under “Category” RLG, scroll down to see all categories, then select their local grade.
7. Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic submissions will not be considered.
8. The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst misconduct processes were pending.
9. UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations.
10. The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in accordance with the Agency regulatory framework.
11. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live;
12. Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you have written in your Personal History Form are accurate and active. Your status in relation to the vacancy will be communicated to you only via the email listed on your Personal History Form;
13. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities;
14. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply;
15. For more information please visit the website, http//: inspira.un.org.
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
This vacancy is archived.