CONSULTANCY - TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5.7 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.
Consultant – Registration Business Analyst, Beirut - Lebanon
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
UNRWA’s Refugee Registration Information System (RRIS) holds active files of approximately 5.7 million Palestine refugees and 0.7 million other service eligible persons. These files include individual registration records that are organized under family ledgers with digital documentation materials dating back to pre-1948 Mandatory Palestine. The registration records constitute the master database for the Agency’s management of serviced populations across its programmes such as health, education and relief services. The associated documentation materials constitute a valuable historical archive, attesting the trajectories of Palestine refugee life from the time of their dispersal up to the present.
UNRWA is now embarking in a major project aimed at modernizing its RRIS in line with updated international standards for civil registration. The new system will restructure individual registration records following a rights-based and person-centred approach to ensure unhindered, secure and protected access to UNRWA’s services. The new system will also ensure refugees across several generations are correctly linked to their historic family files which will be made publicly accessible through an integrated online platform. As part of the RRIS modernization project, UNRWA is seeking the services of a Registration Quality Assurance Analyst who will conduct quality checks during the restructuring of registration records to identify potential problems, establish their root causes and design effective solutions.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Refugee Registration and Eligibility Services and working closely with HQ Business Analyst, on the following tasks:
minimum Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in computer science, or any engineering specialization, or a related discipline
· At least 4 years of experience in business analysis or quality control or data analysis.
· Good knowledge of quality control and business/data analysis.
· Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic
· Experience in using a variety of software applications to support communication and collaboration, and to create and maintain requirements artifacts, model concepts, track issues, and increase overall productivity.
· Applying technical expertise
· Analytical thinking and problem solving
· Creativity and innovation
· Planning and organizing
· Detail and quality orientation
· Written and verbal communication skills.
· Interaction skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
· The incumbents will be based in Beirut;
· The duration of the consultancy is 6 months with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds;
· Remuneration will be set at 1,461.40 USD per month;
· One and a half day annual leave days per month.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the title of this consultancy “**Consultancy – Registration Business Analyst**” subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 01 October 2021.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced female candidates. Only those applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
20 September 2021**
This vacancy is archived.