streetfootballworld is a global NGO that harnesses the power of football to tackle some of the greatest social challenges of our time. The organisation’s work supports an international network of over 130 grassroots organisations that use football as a tool to address deep-rooted community issues, ranging from refugee integration in Ireland to gender equality in Kenya. Collectively, the network empowers more than two million disadvantaged young people per year.
In 2017, streetfootballworld launched Common Goal, a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: to unite the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges of our times. Common Goal’s members (football players, managers, fans and businesses) pledge a minimum of 1% of their annual earnings to a central fund. Together, we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the United Nations Global Goals.
· Supporting the execution of our communications strategy.
· Supporting the creative development and execution of content. This includes: sourcing new content and developing content types, writing and editing online and offline material (i.e. blog posts, reports, handbooks and presentations.)
· Conceiving, drafting and posting content for our digital channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website)
· You are a matriculated university student (until the end of the internship), preferably studying towards a degree in a related field of studies (e.g. communications & media science, marketing).
· You have a strong interest in and/or experience with topics such as sports for development, football for good, social development.
· You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and have experience working with Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Premier Pro) and CMS.
· Photography and video skills are a plus.
· You have excellent writing skills and have the ability to communicate to different audiences.
· You have a keen and active interest in social media.
· You are fluent in English (idiomatic proficiency). Knowledge of additional languages (ideally German and/or Spanish) is a plus.
· You are a fast learner, and have the ability to structure and carry out your tasks independently.
· You are an open-minded team player who likes to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
· You identify strongly with our cause.
· A motivating work culture with flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
· The opportunity to position yourself at the heart of a growing movement that is changing the game for good.
· A full-time, three- to six-month internship with a remuneration of 450 Euros, flexible working hours, mentoring and full support should you wish to connect your internship with a research project.
· Real responsibility and full ownership of your tasks from day one.
This vacancy is archived.