FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY Association is a Christian non –governmental, nonprofit organization located in Eduardo Mondlane Av. N°544, Bairro da Ponta-Gêa, Beira City, within the scope of the implementation of its Programs, is recruiting for A Program Development and Resource Mobilization Manager (Ref: FH/CTP/PD&RMM/01/21) to be based in Maputo Coordination Office. FH is an employer that offers equal opportunity, believes that women can be successful in any role, and encourages them to apply for these opportunities. At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
The Resource Mobilization and Program Development Manager provides leadership in the development and implementation of FH Mozambique resource development strategy, as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. The position will also work in the acquisition of new government, multilateral and foundation grants to enable FH Mozambique to graduate communities from extreme poverty, and promote child well-being, through increased revenue in the key priority sectors of health, nutrition, education, livelihoods, leadership development, and disaster risk reduction and emergency response.
A. Program development and resource mobilization.
· Lead, in close collaboration with country leadership, in the development, review, and maintenance of a country funding strategy based on the country strategic plan;
· Lead, through strategic networking, processes to develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders (donors, NGOs, govt.) to facilitate better resources acquisition, and expansion of the FH footprint in Mozambique;
· Manage the complete life cycle of grants within the assigned portfolio, from proposal development to grant closeout in the assigned sector(s);
· Provide leadership during proposal development, including budgeting process to ensure alignment to donor requirements, strategic objectives and log frames; while working in close collaboration with the Programs Director, Provincial Team Leads, Program Managers, Cluster Coordinators, Sector Specialists, M&E Manager, and Operations teams, to inform project design and determine feasibility.
· Keep abreast of relevant trends and developments within the development and humanitarian sector and align FH Mozambique’s strategies to better position the organization
· Work collaboratively with senior management to integrate resource mobilization activities across departments and functions while setting and maintaining quality standards
· Lead in building capacity of staff to better manage externally funded programs through training, information, and knowledge sharing, to ensure programs are implemented according to donor agreements. Monitor grant compliance for all departments, conducting periodic spot checks;
· Ensure timely preparation & submission of donor programmatic and financial reports through timely communication to finance and program teams on donor timelines and expectations; review financial reports against narrative reports to ensure that spending aligns with reported project activities;
· Develop, review and analyze project implementation schedules while ensuring adherence to the schedules in close collaboration with program teams. Liaise with Program Director, Provincial Team Leads and Country Director, on implementation concerns;
· Lead and facilitate grant closeout meetings, in accordance with the grant’s closeout checklist, to ensure smooth closeouts, in collaboration with the Program Director, Finance, Human Resources, and Logistics.
B. Proposal Development Leadership
· Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities; through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources;
· Develop, support and enhance fundraising skills throughout the organization
· Develop, maintain and improve business development resources and tools including opportunity tracking, proposal development manual and proposal templates
· Responsible for overseeing proposal development and for constituting the proposal teams for critical/strategic proposals and contribute to design, writing and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation in partnerships with the grant management team
· Setting and maintaining quality standards for new business development-related activities
· Review draft proposal documents to ensure compliance with solicitation instructions and technical approach, verify logical flow and clarity, and recommend revisions and edits
· Conduct prospecting visits to identify partners and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
C. External Engagement and Partnerships Management
· Lead strategic initiatives to broaden and deepen FH Mozambique’s donor base and strategic partnerships in collaboration with country Leadership Team;
· Build and manage a portfolio of relationships with prospective donors, including multi-lateral donors, private foundations and other non-traditional donors; undertake field visits with these donors to generate their interest in FH Mozambique’s program interventions;
· Represent FH Mozambique and promote the organizational visibility at relevant meetings, events, technical working groups and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks;
· Work with the Country and Program Directors to produce attractive and informative annual reports capturing the annual achievements across FH Mozambique programs;
· Oversee and approve content and materials for fundraising, programs and communications, including: campaign messaging; fundraising appeals & acknowledgments; press releases; social media, and video content;
· Coordinate and lead program learning forums with program teams, in close collaboration with the Program Director and the M&E;
· Document and disseminate program success with relevant stakeholders (donors, govts, regional and HQ teams, consortium members), in close collaboration with program and communication teams;
· Ensure lessons learned in other projects are incorporated into new programs / projects;
· Serve as the focal point with donors in-country offices, and manage communications relating to ongoing grants and projects;
Job Level Specifications
· Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
· Excellent relational skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization);
· Excellent organizational skills, and ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes;
· Extensive experience and strong working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major external donors such as UN, CIDA, DFID, and USAID, PADF, etc;
· Expert technical writing skills, including developing proposals, training / instruction manuals, and reports;
· Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype and / or GoToMeeting;
· Demonstrated ability to translate technical expertise to less experienced program development staff
· Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization, and other organization and cultures
· Able to confidently perform in an advisory capacity to senior leadership, both within the region and within the organization;
· Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives
· Strong people management skills / interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, teach and mentor staff;
· Medical fitness to live and travel in rural and urban areas with extreme conditions and limited medical support;
· Ability to travel up to 40% to other countries including insecure locations as needed.
At least 5 years of international experience required, preferably related to implementation of relief and
development programming; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proven track record in resource mobilization (different models and donors), marketing and
Master’s Degree in International Development, business or related field.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and working knowledge of Portuguese. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
FH Association does not make any charges at any stage of the recruitment process and does not proceed via recruitment agents**.**
Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH's policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in termination.
· Compatible salary
· Good Work environment
· Social Benefit in in force at the Organization
This vacancy is archived.