360HSDC, a subsidiary of Idmibok International, is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The Technical Officer will be an HIV/AIDS expert with experience in designing and implementation of clinical Adult Care and Treatment. The will also provides high level technical assistance to field projects as needed, including optimizing system and staff strength in partner-facilities and ensuring quality and accurate data management on the program. This consultancy may evolve into a long-term contractual employment.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the HIV testing services and ensuring linkage to treatment at the facilities.
- Strengthen the capacity of health workers on correct and appropriate documentation of adult care and treatment service delivery data for improved services and decision making.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of opportunistic infection screening, diagnosis and management.
- Provide technical assistance for health facility to streamline HIV testing in order to increase testing rate, case finding and standardize clinical skills to provide quality HIV care service delivery.
- Provide or assist clinical mentoring session that can be in face to face, webinar or other innovative media to increase health facility technical and program capacity.
- Develop strategy to achieve viral suppression target in consultation with Management and other stakeholders.
- In collaboration with stakeholders and health facilities develop a technical assistance strategy to reduce ART lost to follow up.
- Provide technical assistance for clients’ monitoring adherence to treatment to reduce the risk of drug resistance and HIV treatment failure.
- Ensure the achievement of high-quality results/deliverables in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Facilitate the development and utilization of appropriate quality control and quality assurance systems for all aspects of HIV/AIDS clinical services, including integrated services like TB.
- Monitor clinical service activities and identify significant issues, provide recommendations, and support the follow-up implementation to improve the program.
- Conduct frequent technical reviews of performance of HIV/AIDS activities in collaboration with the Program Director to ensure up-to-date high-quality implementation
- Report regularly to the Senior Management on progress and status of adult care and treatment services on the program.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Health Sciences or a related field
- At least 3 years of HIV technical expertise with focus in adult care and treatment in and an understanding of their HIV-related needs.
- Experience in HIV testing services using Differentiated Service Delivery models.
- Evaluation, implementation research, quantitative analysis capability related to HIV/AIDS and TB
- Demonstrated capacity building, management and partnership experience.
- Strong data analytical capability to identify performance issues and direct necessary technical interventions
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel to implementation states within the country as needed, with the possibility of extended stay.
- Excellent communication skills in English and a native language.