Chemonics seeks a Technical Consultant, Situation Assessment for Dispatch Auditing for USAID Sri Lanka Energy Program in Sri Lanka. The project aim in order to enable Sri Lanka achieving its targets on clean, secure and market driven power sector by overcoming the existing challenges in the sector, the USAID Sri Lanka Energy Program is envisaging a list of tasks, studies, and pilot projects to achieve the following specific objectives, Improve the cost-reflectivity of electricity tariffs, Increase the deployment of renewable energy, improve demand-side management, Deploy advanced technologies. The purpose of this activity is to identify whether the National System Control Center (NSCC) of Sri Lanka possesses adequate level of documentation and information for a dispatch audit. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Identify if the information and documentation available with CEB is adequate to carry out a dispatch audit as per the guidelines
- Develop scope of work for the dispatch audit to be conducted by an independent party
- Review the following documents and summarize the outputs/ conclusions of each document
- Dispatch Audit Guidelines
- Dispatch Audit Report 2017
- Final Report on Development of Merit Order Dispatch Procedures
- Carryout discussions with (Ceylon Electricity Board) CEB & Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) and visit National System Control Center (NSCC) to assess the present status of the Dispatch Procedures developed in the Final Report on Development of Merit Order Dispatch Procedures, including but not limited to
- How long has each procedure being adopted and relevant documents maintained?
- Whether the existing level of documentation is sufficient to carry out the dispatch audit
- If any procedure developed in the Final Report on Development of Merit Order Dispatch Procedures is not adopted, the reasons for the same and proposed revisions
- Identify any other documents/ information that are essential for a dispatch audit, but currently unavailable with SCC
- Review the two most recent Self-Assessment Reports and the details of Operating Procedures submitted by CEB to PUCSL and identify areas of concerns for follow up. (Table 10 of in the Final Report on Development of Merit Order Dispatch Procedures)
- Asses the compliance with previous audits and provide recommendations for improvements (Table 10 of in the Final Report on Development of Merit Order Dispatch Procedures)
- Develop Terms of Reference (TOR) to procure the services from a suitable company to carry out a detailed dispatch audit
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 15 years’ post experience.
- Prior experience in electricity sector in Sri Lanka or in any other country of similar context
- Experience in carrying our studies/research related to electricity dispatch/ system control operations