(Supply) Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB Supply chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. It comprises several sites, in each mission on the field (projects and capital), with MSF Supply its European Supply Center, and the Kenya Supply Unit its regional hub. The Supply Chain Department defines the global strategy of this supply chain, pilots its performance, and ensures that each site has the relevant support for its development.
The Supply Department is putting an emphasis on data analytics and data quality. For this, we are developing as structure and methodology to quickly provide reliable data, reports and indicators. After a successful project to implement the data warehouse foundations and first reports, we are now ready to implement new datasets and reports.
Integrated within the headquarters Supply Information System team, and in a very close collaboration with our Supply Data Analyst, as a Junior Supply Data engineer / Data Integration Developer you will perform data mining and analysis, develop new data pipelines, publish reliable data sets and publish reports to the Supply Chain Analytics and Reporting platform.
We expect you to collaborate with the other members of the team (program/project managers, supply referent) and closely with Supply Data Analyst:
· Development of the data pipelines (specification, development, test, deployment, documentation, support)
· Development of Data sets and reports (specification, development, test, deployment, training & documentation, support)
· Support the Supply Data Analyst by providing feasibility studies through Data Mining and Analysis
· Link with the Data quality officer to identify data quality risks and support some data quality analyses
· Support the development and testing of reports
We are looking for a forward thinking, adaptable, pragmatic, flexible and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF’s social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
· You are autonomous, self-organized, pragmatic, flexible, and a team player
· You are an active listener capable of challenging given situations with adequate methodology, and with a strong ability to synthesize, and good at communicating
· You are curious and a fast learner; you are open to share your ideas
· Problem-solving attitude
· Attention to detail
Education and experience:
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields, or equivalent workforce experience
· Proven experience of at least 1 year in Data integration developments
· Experience of at least 1 year in Data Analysis (Data mining, Data Visualization)
· Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage
· Familiarity with supply chain processes
· Knowledge of ERP systems flows and structure
· Languages: good command of English; French is an asset
· Knowledge of data management concepts: ETL, data lake, data warehouse
· Programming knowledge of Talend product is a strong asset or proven experience using similar ETL tools (Alteryx, Azure,…)
· Knowledge of following programming languages: Java or C or Python
· Strong SQL programming skills.
· Programming experience with Power BI
· Experience in database design, development
· Understanding and experience of Web Services: GraphQL, REST, SOAP
· Knowledge of Supply is an asset
· Expected starting date: March 1st 2022
· Contract type: CDD 1 year, full-time
· Location: based in Brussels
· Salary according to the MSF-OCB HQ salary grid – Hospital insurance (DKV) – Pension plan – 100% reimbursement for public transport cost
· Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
· Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
This vacancy is archived.