• Responsible for bank transactions at IFRC Sri Lanka Country Office
o Processing bank payments ensuring required supporting documents and approvals are in place, for validation by FM
o Preparation of daily CODA-XL bank journals for cash transactions with accurate accounting codes
o Creation of an internal forecast /analysis for cash request from Headquarters.
• Responsible for cash transactions at the IFRC Sri Lanka Country Office
o Processing cash payments ensuring required supporting documents and approvals are in place, for validation by SF-M
o Preparation of daily CODA-XL petty cash journals for cash transactions with accurate accounting codes
o Creation of an internal forecast for transfer from bank to cash
* Verification of Delegate & National Staff Working Advance transactions (WAD)
o Preparation of CODA-XL journals for WAD transactions with accurate accounting codes]
o Reconciliation of WAD accounts (1444-1454)
• Processing (after detailed checking) working advance documents of Sri Lanka Red Cross Society(SLRCS) upon receipt from
the Programme Manager o Preparation of CODA-XL journals for WANS transactions with accurate accounting codes o
Reconciliation of SLRCS WANS accounts (1422) • Preparation of Monthly SOSC journal for validation by Manager Finance
* Preparation of Monthly Forecast document based on inputs by Programme Managers, Logistics and Admin Departments
• Scanning and preparation of Monthly Finance Files for submission to KL ensuring necessary CODA documents and relevant
reconciliations are included.
• Liase with the government Authorities to obtain approvals when required.
• Maintain and keep records of Asset records of office.
• Maintain Logistic files and assist in logistic procedure if required.
• University degree in Finance
• Part Professional Qualifications in Finance Management/Accounting/Equivalen
* 2 years professional work experience in a finance or accounting role
* 2 years work experience with an International humanitarian aid organization international non-governmental organization,
NGO and/or government development agency in volatile country
* Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
Skills & Knowledge
* Basic skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
* Knowledge and experience of CODA and other finance software such as Microsoft Navision being applied by NSs
Competencies (refer to the competencies on the Annual review (AR) online tool
• Core competencies: Communications, Collaboration & Teamwork, Judgement & Decision, National Society & Customer
Relations, Creativity & Innovation, Building Trust.
• Values: Respect for Diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability
This vacancy is archived.