All applicants who have applied for this position do not need to re-submit their application.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS ONLY OPEN FOR NATIONALS OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA
* No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
Duty Station: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
[i] No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will be responsible for delivering quality administrative and logistical support services to the Country Office staff, mastering all relevant administrative rules, guidelines and processes, and applying established systems and procedures. You will be expected to demonstrate strong client and results orientation in service of the country programme.
You would be responsible for:
a. Human Resource Management
1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures:Ensure full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems with UN rules and regulations, UNFPA policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework, proper functioning of the HR management system. Provide advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes. Provide advice to staff on all aspects of UN/UNFPA personnel and administrative rules and regulations, and the ERP (Atlas)/ HR modules. Liaise and provide technical and administrative support to the Country Office in the recruitment of staff, consultants and HR matters. Develop and recommend improvement of HR Management process through SOPs
2. Ensures effective administration of human resources:Organize recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Provision of advice on recruitment in the UNFPA office. Monitoring and tracking of all Service Contracts, Individual Consultant and Special transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas. Review of the office staffing table in alignment to approve position Preparation for review of submissions to the Local CRP. Administration of the office attendance register. Validation of HR recurrent personal management services provided by UNDP to UNFPA
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office:
• Organize trainings for staff on HR and other issues and maintain database of certificates.Participation in preparation of the office Learning plan and individual learning plans Maintain effective HR networking with other UN agencies and communities best practice. Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR. Identify ways in which the CO’s HR needs can be met within existing policies and adapt processes and procedures.
4. Ensure optimal communication flows within the country office including the Regional Office and Headquarters where appropriate as well as external counterparts, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication:Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel status files in a confidential and secure manner.
This vacancy is archived.