The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a Project Manager who is interested in taking over and managing activities of the project ECO The overall project goal is to strengthen the National Health System in Bolivia and Paraguay to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and prepare them to face new epidemic threats through programmatic delivery of diagnostics and treatment, evaluation and scaling up COVID interventions.
The Project Manager provides coordination of activities and of a cross-functional team in the execution of the projects. She/he is responsible for overseeing projects execution and achievement of objectives in accordance with pre-defined processes, agreed timelines and quality standards. The PM serves as the primary liaison between the internal bodies and external collaborators and funders. The PM will report directly to the General Technical coordinator of the project and the PI.
ECO is a project implemented by Malaria Elimination Initiative and Chagas Disease Initiative.
- Biological sciences
- Medical sciences
- Pharmacological sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Experience in Latin America is an asset.
Project execution & monitoring:
- Ensuring that project activities are implemented according to projects objectives and timelines
- Monitoring the projects progress and ensure timely decision making
- Monitoring the adherence to the applicable SOPs and guidelines, legal frameworks, written procedures and agreements with the funders/sponsor
- Ensuring a proper filing (hard copies or electronic documentation) of all project related documents
- Processing necessary approvals by the applicable internal and/or external committees (e.g. Ethics Committees, Scientific Boards, etc)
- Supporting supervision of the research activities within the project
- Providing assistance in the daily operation of the research, field and data collection activities.
- Ensuring a good communication among the members of the team, as well as with the other departments, namely administration and financial departments, and external partners
- Liaising with external subcontracted services (if applicable), develop relevant agreements/contracts for the services to be provided, as well as ensuring management of these contractors according to the project requirements
Communications, partnerships and reporting:
- Organizing and documenting regular project meetings including managing logistics and developing agenda, minutes and action items
- Ensuring timely reporting and appropriate dissemination internally and to stakeholders, project partners and funders
- Serving as focal point for internal and external communication, maintaining contacts with funders, stakeholders, providers, etc.
Budget accountability and invoicing:
- Overseeing budget management and procurement
- Identifying critical issues and budget needs
- Assuring appropriate and timely allocation of resources necessary to achieving objectives
- Supporting development of financial reports, with special attention on financial justification of activities done
Project closing & evaluation:
- Promoting the timely finalization of all activities across all of the process groups to formally close the projects or a project phase
- Closing each contract applicable to the projects or project phase
- Ensuring the financial closing of the project budget and account, if applicable
- Enabling the formal acceptance of the project by presenting timely and accurate final reports and agreed deliverables to the funders
- Ensuring the administrative closing by archiving of the files
- Collaborating with the dissemination of results and outcomes
- Handling expenses, review the quality of invoices and accounting documents and assess compatibility and eligibility of expenses
Other tasks/duties as requested by his/her supervisor that are compatible with his/her academic and professional background.
- Field trips to oversee implementation of activities, attendance to meetings with local, province and national authorities as needed.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail management software, Web content management tools, phone or web-based teleconference tools
- Strong organizational skills for multi-tasking daily work, goal-oriented approach, and strong attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work independently without supervision if required
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identifying and taking advantage of opportunities
- Good people management and communication skills with the ability to set clear performance-oriented objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations focusing on the needs, goals and priorities of the projects and organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Learning capacity.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English is required.
- Duration:12 months
- Starting date: To be agreed
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Compensation for this position will be based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.