- Transnational Organised Crime
- Terrorism Prevention
- Criminal justice systems
- Drugs and Health, and Alternative Development
- Assist in initiating and finalizing budget revisions, work plans, notes to the file, etc. to facilitate the implementation and monitoring of the assigned project activities;
- Organize international and national conferences, meetings, training and workshops held within and outside Malaysia, and travel to the events' location if needed;
- Prepare travel plans and organize travel dates for participants to UNODC events, and for UNODC staff as required. Prepare travel requests to be sent to the travel agents to issue air tickets, request payment of Daily Subsistence Allowances (DSAs) and terminal expenses when needed, and determine appropriate budget lines;
- Prepare any document required for consultants’ contract issuance/management and follow up on payment requests of their fees as per their terms of reference;
- Provide support to assigned projects and to relevant UNODC personnel in Bangkok on aspects related to the preparation of payment requests in the UNODC administrative systems (Umoja and ProFi), as well as payment reconciliation and expenditure verification. Follow up with UNDP offices on project expenditures and payments;
- Plan and organize the procurement of goods and services required for the assigned projects, ensure compliance with, and verify, regulations and procedures to be applied when procuring goods or services. Conduct low value procurement (up to US$ 10,000) and initiate procurement processes for all types of goods and services required under the assigned projects;
- Collect and compare offers from vendors and liaise with the UNODC Procurement Team in Bangkok and relevant personnel at UNDP Country Offices to ensure abidance with relevant UN rules and regulations. Liaise with bidders and vendors, and follow up with suppliers and expediters to ensure timely delivery;
- Complete administrative workflows in relation to the handover of equipment to Member States’ institutions and liaise with the UNODC personnel in Bangkok in charge of asset management;
- Support the closing of administrative workflows in relation to the procurement of goods and services after they have effectively been received, and liaise with UNDP Country Offices and relevant UNODC personnel in Bangkok to provide/obtain the necessary documentation;
- Contribute to the development of administrative and financial guidance for UNODC programme personnel in the region, and contribute to exchange of information among colleagues to identify and spread best practices and experiences;
- Draft correspondence and contribute to project documents;
- Prepare informal translations and act as interpreter when required;
- Contribute to developing and maintaining a filing system for projects;
- Perform any other work-duties as required.
- Secondary School with 7 years, or bachelor’s degree with 5 years, of relevant experience in the administrative/finance aspect of technical assistance delivery at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages are required.
- Working experience with web-based enterprise resource management systems is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Umoja is an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months, renewable subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance