Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Reports to Director of Admin and Finance
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Procurement Manager to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal coverage of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work. The Procurement Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the procurement activities of the organization and ensure cost efficiency and timeliness in purchasing PSI Liberia’s materials, products, and services.
- Ensure effective Procurement Management including driving optimal and cost effective supply of goods and services to the organization;
- Lead the procurement of goods and services efficiently and ethically;
- Establish and maintain sound partnerships with suppliers;
- Ensure compliance with organizational and donor policies;
- Consolidate and circulate Bi-Weekly procurement Status reports to user departments;
- Participate in coordinating the preparation, evaluation, analysis, and approval of bids and tenders;
- Continuously monitor commitment reports to ensure only current commitments reflect in the system;
- Build and manage effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve common goals;
- Assist with the development of procurement and contracting requirements;
- Review lessons learnt and using the feedback to improve policies and procedures;
- Continuously monitor requisitions to ensure that proper procedures are followed and policies are enforced;
- Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism compliance) for Authorized Vendors and Contractors;
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures;
- Monitor procurement records to ensure that each procurement request is fully and clearly documented according to PSI policy;
- Conduct regular market surveys in key procurement categories to ensure that PSI is receiving best value for money;
- Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
- Ensure satisfactory audit ratings related to Procurement. If required corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address any audit findings;
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies, Commerce, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years of experience in procurement.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office and related tools
- Working knowledge of USAID regulations and procurement procedures
- Relevant supply chain certification preferred.
- Strong Customer service skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team work
- Citizen of Liberia