The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) invites applications for a full-time position, classified at Level 4 (LE4), Operations Officer – Mekong Australia Partnership. The position will support Australia’s newly established Mekong-Australia Partnership (MAP) initiative. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 29 September 2021, 4.30pm (Bangkok time). The merit list will be established and drawn upon to fill future vacancies.
Position: Operations Officer – Mekong-Australia Partnership
Work Level Classification: LE 4
Commencement Salary: THB 53,284 per month
Department: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
Date of Commencement: As soon as possible
Employment Period: Two years and six months
Probationary Period: Three months
Place of Work: Australian Embassy, Bangkok
AGENCY Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
POSITION NUMBER BK08071
POSITION TITLE Operations Officer – Mekong Australia Partnership
REPORTS TO (TITLE) First Secretary (Development)
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing its prosperity, delivering an effective and high-quality overseas development program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas. DFAT provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. It also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
In November 2020, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced the Mekong-Australia Partnership (MAP), a package of AUD232 million in funding to support economic integration and development in the Mekong region.
With general direction, the MAP Operations Officer works under established policies and procedures to support the day-to-day management of the MAP Water, Energy and Climate (WEC) programs and work with other MAP programs where areas overlap. This position undertakes tasks on the program’s operational issues including finance, budget and development program management support, contributing to effective resource management and program delivery. This position works closely with the Development Counsellor, the MAP-WEC First Secretary, Australian Embassies in the Mekong subregion, and other Australian Government agencies.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Support planning and implementation of the MAP-WEC pipeline of approved activities, including preparing service agreements and activity documentation, coordinating annual development quality processes, and supporting oversight of program deliverables within the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.
· Administer agreements and grants for MAP WEC activities, including preparing simple procurement documentation, managing selection processes and monitoring contractor performance, service agreements and deliverables.
· Monitor, analyse and report on operations, budget and expenditure patterns to identify potential risks or problems and recommend and implement remedial solutions.
· Assist in the delivery of MAP activities, including maintaining risk registers and ensuring compliance with DFAT policies including on gender, environment, resettlement, disaster risk reduction, fraud, counterterrorism, child-protection and disability.
· Coordinate records management and other administrative matters with DFAT corporate areas.
· Provide administrative support to the Development Section as required.
· Proven experience in contract management, including performance, financial and risk management and administration of aid agreements and arrangements.
· Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English and Thai.
· Experience working collaboratively in a cross-cultural team environment to deliver against team objectives under tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated competence with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Proven experience in program management support and knowledge of Australian development policy.
· Ability to work autonomously under limited direction to resolve issues.
· Ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively in a cross-cultural team environment to deliver against team objectives under tight deadlines.
This vacancy is archived.