FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities, and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. FHI 360 is seeking a
qualified individual for the following position:
Monitoring & Evaluations Officer – Port Moresby
The Monitoring and evaluation officer will be responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation of the USAID HIV Support in Papua New Guinea Activity.
• Implement timely and quality data collection that will feed into the monthly report, Implement monitoring and evaluation plan for the program
• To update M&E tracking database for the projects
• Ensure that M&E related activities are successfully implemented, and that relevant learning is documented,
disseminated to staff and partners and used to inform future decisions;
• Maintain the data base established for data collection
• To facilitate the documentation of qualitative and quantitative performance measures quarterly
• Ensure that monthly reports from IAs are submitted on time and quality is maintained
• Ensure quality of routine program data
• In collaboration with the Monitoring and Research advisor, provide timely and relevant analysis and recommendations to the program and implementation agency team
• Train IA staff in the use of program monitoring and evaluation tools including paper-based data collection and reporting tools and electronic data management systems
• Provide technical assistance to government at national and sub-national level on M&E systems improvement
• Represent FHI 360 at the national strategic information technical working group
• To undertake any other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of University degree or equivalent, preferably in Social Sciences, Public Health or Statistics/Computer Science
• Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Cycle Management, or Statistics
• Should have at least two (2) years of experience in handling M&E of community-based projects, preferably in an NGO
• Demonstrated ability in data collection and analysis
• Proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required. Familiarity with Microsoft PowerBI, Access, STATA, SPSS or other statistical or database packages is desirable
• Must demonstrate good database management skills
• Must be a task-oriented person, who pursues thoroughness and appropriate detail and completes tasks in a timely and cost-effective way
• Must demonstrate ability and willingness to cooperate with others in support of change
• Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently
• Must be able to effectively communicate new initiatives to staff and partners, and seek feedback on performance and
effectively act on it
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.