IsraAID is looking for a MHPSS Program Manager to support the inception and ongoing implementation of a Health and MHPSS program in Eswatini. This position is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience in a non-profit project and lead innovative grass-roots activities in the field. The ideal candidate will combine experience in humanitarian aid with experience in training national staff in core PSS principals, as well as experience in programs in partnership with the MoH and health professionals.
IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental and apolitical humanitarian aid agency dedicated to supporting populations in crisis around the world, Founded in 2001. As of 2020, the organization has responded to crises in 50 countries and has operations which span across 15 countries and a wide number of different sectors of expertise from both the humanitarian aid and international development arenas.
During IsraAID’s 2-week exploratory mission in Eswatini, the IsraAID team conducted an assessment to map and understand the various capacities, actors, assets, and gaps relating to the rollout of the COVID 19 vaccination. Staff deployed included experts in vaccination campaigns, public health, operations, psychosocial support, and communications.
Based on these findings, the below plan of action proposes strategic interventions to:
(1) Provide tailored guidance to local actors;
(2) Support the facilitation of a successful vaccination rollout campaign;
(3) Identify, highlight and support the mitigation of potential risks throughout the rollout;
(4) Build the local health system’s capacity;
(5) Ensure that the vaccination program is utilized correctly, efficiently, and for the benefit of all Emaswati.
The MHPSS Program Manager will lead assessments, training sessions, and supervise the technical aspects of the program in Eswatini. The MHPSS Manager will manage, lead, develop content and continue to shape a vision, in line with the organization’s established policies, principles and operating practices.
The MHPSS Manager works under the supervision of the Country Director and IsraAID management, and is responsible for:
Human Resource Management
· Maintain regular communication with the protection coordinator at HQ, MEAL coordinator and head of health sector at HQ for cohesive, professional and strategic implementation
· Support program team members (both national and short-term international staff) during training and supervision activities
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
This vacancy is archived.