UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Across Asia and the Pacific, the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific (RBAP) of UNDP concentrates its efforts on developing the region’s capacity to promote and accelerate action on its progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It implements the UNDP Strategic Plan in Asia and the Pacific and delivers on UNDP’s partnerships within the region and with development actors in the region. The Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH) of RBAP is the regional presence which supports the work of the 24 offices across Asia and the Pacific.
The Transactional Services Team (TST) of BRH is a provider of a variety of time-sensitive operational services to clients of the Hub, the UNDP Thailand Country Office and other agencies which UNDP supports in Thailand.
Under the overall direction of the Manager, Transaction Services Team and direct supervision of the HR Analyst, the HR Assistant works in close collaboration with other units of TST, programme and project staff in the Bangkok Regional Hub, Thailand Country Office of UNDP and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Ensures implementation of HR strategies through:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Input to BRH business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Implements HR services through:
- Supports the team on recruitment of Fixed-Term Appointment, Temporary Appointment and Personnel Services Agreement;
- Assists with all stages of recruitment processes including job advertisement, screening of candidate applications, preparing relevant documentation required for written test/interviews, conducting reference checks, following up on academic qualifications, and liaising with HR Clustering Team for offer issuance, medical clearance and hiring process;
- Engages in Onboarding of personnel and supports supervisor with Exit clearance activities;
- Maintains proper filing system for HR records and documents;
- Tracks contract expirations (Fixed-Term Appointment, Temporary Appointment and Personnel Services Agreement);
- Assists in processing requisition and record of leave and absence of local staff.
- Processes clearances and necessary documents for separation;
- Provides information for cost-recovery for HR services provided by UNDP to other units or Agencies.
Provides general HR related support through:
- Drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications;
- Assists in preparation of notes/reports;
- Assists in preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments and overseas offices.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in BRH through:
- Participation in training for the operations/programme/projects staff on HR issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Knowledge of HR management issues and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations (HRM);
- Knowledge of recruiting issues, procedures, and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations to secure quality candidates (Recruiting);
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled (Quality Assurance).
- Ability to make news and useful ideas work (Innovation);
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform (Communication);
- Ability to get things done (Delivery).
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge (Knowledge Management);
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals (Team Building).
- Secondary Education. University Degree in HR, Business, Public Administration or related fields would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years for Secondary School, or 2 years for Bachelor’s Degree holder, of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system would be a distinct advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)