Do you have knowledge and experience from working with HR and managing people in complex and volatile contexts? Do you want to work in a dedicated team with a mission to protect and empower people affected by crisis and climate change? NORCAP is looking for you!
This is an exciting opportunity where you as the HR Deployment Adviser will be responsible for ensuring high quality and timely placement and follow-up of experts in the field. You will assist them on HR and duty of care issues, ensuring that they are enabled to deliver work of high quality to partners, stakeholders, and beneficiaries – in line with NORCAP’s strategic goals.
What you will do
Some of your key tasks will include:
- Responsible for deployment process in accordance with NORCAP procedures:
- Manage the process flow in the HR Management System (Oracle)
- Prioritise requests for experts in line with strategic and thematic priorities
- Contribute to selecting candidates in accordance with selection criteria and ToR and in consultation with Thematic Manager (in accordance with SOP).
- Liaise with host agencies, issue contracts, arrange travel and provide support.
- Main point of contact and provision of HR and duty of care support to NORCAP experts before, during and after missions.
- Ensure adequate Health, Safety and Security (HSS) arrangements in place for all NORCAP experts while on a mission.
- Monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to developing a community of practice within the project.
- Ensure coordinated and effective response.
- Undertake field missions to follow up with experts.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant graduate or professional qualification.
- Knowledge and experience in working with HR processes and managing people.
- Experience from working with digital tools, such as MS Teams, Oracle, Fresh Service or similar.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts is desirable.
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities.
- Understanding of the challenges when working in an international context.