Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Reporting to the SAGE Senior Grant Accountant, the job holder will be responsible for timely and reliable grant financial information and analysis, finance advisory role in the PA management team, PA cash and budget management, financial reporting and analysis, internal financial controls enhancement, field support visits, risk management, grants management, partnership management and people management.
- Participate in PAs decision-making.
- Support the PAs Management team to ensure that financial resources are optimally used for the benefit of Plan families and their communities.
- Build capacities of communities in project financial management.
- Review cash disbursement vouchers.
- Review purchase requisitions and orders for the Girls Education Challenge Grant.
- Review payment packages for budget availability and correct coding.
- Monitor budget versus expenditure for the GEC Grant.
- Ensure timely processing and disbursement of payments to suppliers.
- Manage the project bank account in line with provided guidelines and cash management.
- Manage general ledger accounting system.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations related to the project.
- Prepare monthly Financial and Management reports for the GEC grant.
- Ensure adherence to DFID’s financial controls, processes, procedures and requirements.
- Continuous review of internal control processes and procedures.
- Follow up finance-related audit actions.
- Conduct annual physical asset verifications.
- Carry out surprise petty cash counts at least once per quarter.
- In situ training of communities in financial and record maintenance.
- Project support visit, Partner support visits and partner capacity building.
- Management of grants finance and the reporting processes.
- Assist the District Coordinator in grants management processes.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Accounting; CIS or equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up.
- MS Office Skills.
Skills and Behaviours