Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Reports to Director of Admin and Finance
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Finance Coordinator to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal coverage of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work. The Finance Coordinator will provide financial support to the finance team, PSI/Liberia staff members, and other stakeholders including managing audits, invoices, bank reconciliations, account payable, and account receivables.
- VOUCHERS: Prepare payment, journal, and deposit vouchers attaching supporting documentation e.g. Reports, Requisitions, Pro-forma/Invoices, VAT Exemption processing, Statements, Consultancy contracts in adherence with contractual documents. Ascertain receipt.
- QUICKBOOKS DATA ENTRY: Post data into QuickBooks as per approved payment vouchers. Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Scan and attach support documents on QBE for each transaction.
- PETTY CASH BOOK: Post transactions and print cash books for reconciliation with petty cash counts.
- BANKING AND BANK RECONCILIATIONS: Maintenance of the Cash Book and Bank Balances. Ensuring proper and timely banking of funds form staff and/or vendors and preparing bank reconciliation statements for both Bank Balances and Security deposits.
- DEBTOR/CREDITOR RECONCILIATIONS: Reconcile vendor and staff accounts to resolve variances. Raise any red flags with the Director of Admin and Finance for further action.
- FILING: Supervise filing of transactional records/documents in voucher sequence.
- REPORTING: Prepare and submit to the Director of Admin and Finance timely reports as required including staff advance statements, petty cash books, official advance reports etc.
- PROCESS TRAVEL REPORTS: In accordance with PSI policy, process staff travel advances and expense reimbursements accurately and in time.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: Prepare invoices for any balances owed to PSI by it’s debtors.
- STATUTORY & PAYROLL LIABILITIES: Prepare statutory payments and payroll liabilities, and ensure to confirm receipt within set timelines.
- TRAINING: In liaison with HR team carry out orientation of PSI policies as required; new staff, policy changes etc.
- AUDIT: Support the finance team and PSI/W during local and international finance audit exercises. Internal and External audits.
- FIXED ASSETS: In liaison with Admin, oversee fixed assets inventory.
- PAYROLL PROCESSING: : Prepare monthly payroll for staff at the regional office and have it reviewed by Director of Admin and Finance and approved by the management.
- MONTHLY FINANCIALS CLOSING: Prepare aging reports summaries, housing costs charging for International staff per LOEs, Common cost allocations, prepare journal and deposit vouchers and attach support documentation, reconcile inventory offset account.
- COMPLIANCE: Stay alert for changes in the accounting industry and income tax regulatory changes for tax purposes and advise management.
What are we looking for?
- CPA/ACCA Member.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounts management.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Citizen of Liberia