About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a development consultancy that puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies pillar, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analysis, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
Voluntas is recruiting a Finance Assistant and Office Manager to support the implementation of a European Union-funded project focused on the prevention of violent extremism in Tunisia, particularly among youth. The project will be implemented in collaboration with two other organizations based in Tunisia for an initial period of 18 months.
The Finance Assistant and Office Manager will be responsible for providing overall support to the project and Voluntas team covering finance, administration, as well as day to day office tasks.
Voluntas is looking for an energetic professional who enjoys wearing multiple hats. S/he should be comfortable managing a wide range of finance tasks, administrative duties, and executive support-related tasks, while being able to work independently with little or no supervision. Organized, flexible, and proactive, s/he enjoys the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- At least 4 years of office management or administrative duties with an international organization in Tunisia
- Prior experience working on EU-related projects is a plus
- BA in Business Administration and Management, or related field (or at least 6 years’ administrative experience)
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of financial management and basic accounting, including Tunisian accounting practices
- Knowledge and interest in human resources management practices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English, French, and Arabic (Tunisian dialect)
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Support the EU finance and compliance specialist in expenses follow-up – including proper archiving of purchase requests, invoices, and other paperwork linked to accounting and audit
- Support in following-up with the partners on budget expenditures and processes
- Support in carrying out audit spot checks with the partners
- Take responsibility for all office operations and procedures
- Focal point for basic procurement, maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, and other office-related errands
- Coordinate with the IT department on all IT and equipment-related issues
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord; conduct contract and price negotiations and ensure all services are invoiced and paid on time
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory to ensure operational efficiency
- Welcome and support visitors
- Participate in the planning and execution of company events
- Develop standards and promote activities that enhance operational procedures and efficiency
- Establish and monitor procedures for record-keeping and ensure filing systems are up to date
- Design, implement, and oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, secure, and pleasant work environment
- Overall responsibility for ensuring smooth-running of the office
- Assisting the Voluntas human potential development function by maintaining personnel records, scheduling interviews, and providing additional support where necessary
- Support with managing Human Potential Development (HPD)
- Coordinate with Head of Office to maintain company policies as necessary
Carry out other related tasks as required by the implementation of the project and office priorities with the support of the Voluntas team.