IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC United Arab Emirates (UAE) Country office is seeking an E T Temporary – Public Relations Officer (PRO) to support Dubai office staff and UAE program operations. The E T Temporary – PRO will be based in Dubai, UAE.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The UAE Office based E T Temporary – Public Relations Officer (PRO) will assume responsibility for coordinating and liaising between the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and relevant UAE’s Government offices on all issues related to visa and residency for UAE’s office. The E T Temporary – PRO must respond effectively to the demands of IFC local and international staff employees to assist them on all government administrative requirements. Specific duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• End-to-end support for all UAE visa and employment related matters such as employment permits, entry visas, travel visas, medical examinations, Emirates ID biometrics, residence visa applications and submissions, cancellations, entry-exit reports, and miscellaneous jobs related to Immigration Department, Ministry of Labor, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• Visit government offices and ministries for various tasks such as application submissions, follow-ups, collections with all relevant stakeholders (e.g., Consulates, Embassies, Foreign Diplomatic Missions, MOFA) for IFC and its employees.
• Respond effectively and efficiently to the needs and demands of IFC, employees, and families of employees to assist them on all government related services. This includes supporting entry and exit visas for domestic staff of IFC employees
• Provide expert and up-to-date advice for IFC staff on visa formalities and government related procedures.
• Supporting international staff with renewals of driving licenses and obtaining international organizations car license plates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• Supporting international staff with VAT exemption registration.
• Support the administrative local requirements for visiting IFC delegations, including visa entry requirements, and airport expedited services for VIP delegates.
• Adherence to amendments in local rules and regulations within short notice periods.
• Coordinate and liaise between the IFC and Government organizations / authorities and provide a key inter-face between the two.
• Periodically update IFC staff with the new rules, regulations, and laws with respect to issues such as employment, visas, insurance, travel, etc. announced in the UAE.
• Maintain regular touchpoints with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provision of quick, efficient, and reliable services for all Government related jobs.
The candidate should be a UAE based professional with at least five years of experience as a public relations officer in the UAE with strong knowledge and experience in dealing with UAE government offices and departments and embassies.
• BSc or Diploma in Business, Communications or a similar field
• A minimum of five years of PRO experience in the UAE.
• Up to date knowledge of UAE visas, licensing, and any UAE business related paperwork
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written Arabic and English.
• Proven ability to lead execution of projects, management of resources and delivery against timelines
• Strong ability to communicate clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions
• Ability to work effectively under time pressure with high capacity to produce quality work managing multiple demands
• High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and attention to detail
• IT skills (Microsoft Word & Excel)
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
This vacancy is archived.