The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through the PACT Project Sindh requires services of a driver to be based in Karachi with regular visits to other cities of Pakistan.
The position will provide reliable and safe driving services to UNODC officer ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
The driver will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Driving office vehicles for the safe transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
2. Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitating visa and formalities, when required;
3. Ensuring availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, maps of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts;
4. Day to day maintenance of all office vehicles; checking oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc;
5. Logging official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
6. Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Administrative Assistant.
Required skills andExperience:
1. Secondary School Certificate is required.
2. Holds valid LTV driving license; Knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
3. Minimum 2 years of driving experience with safe driving record, preferably with a multi-national / international organization; UN experience would be an added advantage;
4. Familiarity with key locations throughout Pakistan especially in Karachi.
5. Good spoken and written Urdu and moderate level of communicating in English.
HEC attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment process candidates will be required to present HEC attested degrees. Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to(i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment,or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC. UNDP provides Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment. “UNDP has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment (SH) and Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (SEA)
Contract Duration: 1 year
This vacancy is archived.