UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an Internship position within the Private Sector Partnerships Service in our Budapest Headquarters in Hungary.
This exciting internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience in private sector partnership management within UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Service and support UNHCR’s work around the world.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. UNHCR teams are in the field in 130 countries, using their expertise to protect and care for millions of people.
Title: Digital Engagement Intern (Intranet) Duty Station: Budapest, Hungary
Duration: Six months
Contract type: Internship – Full time
Closing date: Sunday 31t October 2021 – Midnight (CET)
Start date: December 21/January 22
The internship position sits in UNHCR's Division of External Relations, Digital Engagement Section, Digital Workplace and Knowledge Services Unit DWKS).
The DWKS unit is responsible for the coordination of content and overview of the information structure of the Digital Workplace's intranet, communities of practices and internal digital engagement supporting the UNHCR workforce.
The future Digital Workplace will enable colleagues to work from anywhere in a way that seamlessly transcends the physical workplace. In effect, getting work done and meeting with colleagues should be as frictionless as possible regardless of physical location and device.
This digital hub will introduce the intranet as a gateway to all core systems required by those working for UNHCR. This hub would also feature intelligent capabilities based on the currently signed in user, ensuring that in addition to corporate content, targeted and tailored information, bots, tools, and links would be available based on role, location, and other relevant criteria. The new digital workplace will take advantage of machine learning and AI and lead to greater workforce efficiency.
The Digital Engagement Intern will report to the Senior Digital Engagement Officer and assist the Digital Workplace and Knowledge Services team with the UNHCR intranet.
• Assist in overseeing the content and layout of the UNHCR Intranet, helping construct new sections and pages, and posting content as per the UNHCR web, editorial and branding standards.
• Monitor analytics for the UNHCR intranet and create reports and dashboards for intranet analysis.
• Collect intranet user feedback and act as a helpdesk for publishing requests.
• Assist in research for Intranet content and compile information, liaising with colleagues within UNHCR.
• Assist in planning of intranet workshops, working groups and committees.
• Any other related duties as required.
• Be a recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school program (preferably in Digital Communications or related) from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies.
• A degree and/or relevant experience in Digital Communications (social media, web etc.) is preferred.
• Advanced skills and experience using Microsoft Office (required)
• Good understanding of current online/digital technology (required)
• Experience with site analytics platform Google Analytics (required)
• Quick learner who is self-motivated, has a positive approach and eager to grow their capabilities (required)
• Strong writing skills and technological literacy and ability to use a wide range of web related applications (required)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity (required)
• Excellent verbal and written skills, with a precise attention to detail (required)
• Experience with Web Publishing tools (e.g Adobe Experience Manager, SharePoint)
• Research, Reporting and Communication skills.
• Knowledge of design software a plus (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) /Basic Photoshop skills would be an asset.
• Passion for working in an organization that aims to protect people forced to flee
• Interest in the humanitarian cause.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Effective in time management.
• Organizational abilities.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Fluency in another official language of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is desirable.
The successful candidate will be based at the UNHCR Headquarters in Budapest, Hungary. Obtaining and renewing current visas and residence permits including all associated costs, are at responsibility of the intern.
The selected candidate is expected to start the internship by the end of the year or beginning of January 2022. The duration of the internship is six months with possibility of extension up to 8 months. The role is full time with working hours are 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
Please note that the terms of internship, as defined by UNHCR practice, include the payment of a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (FLTA). In case the intern is sponsored by another source during the internship this will be deducted from the FLTA.
This vacancy is archived.