UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Protection
In 2018, UNICEF started a new five-year country partnership with Romania. The overall aim of the partnership is to continue to accelerate the universal realization of child rights and improve the situation of excluded children living in marginalized communities with large minorities and in most vulnerable and deprived areas. This is accompanied by promoting a culture of rights, social norms and alliances that will benefit all children and enhance equity and solidarity in the country.
Also, UNICEF continues to be the ‘Voice’ for children and adolescents, advocating and communicating around key national policies, social issues, mind sets and attitudes. In the current Country Program, UNICEF in Romania continues to raise funds locally, both for national projects and for other countries.
More details about UNICEF in Romania work for children are available at https://www.unicef.org/romania/ and https://www.facebook.com/UNICEFRomania.
The private sector’s role as a key contributor to other resources is expected to grow. UNICEF fundraisers from both the private individuals and the corporate sector are bringing in the market new fundraising techniques that provided excellent results in other markets.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the direct supervisor, Fundraising Officer, the Database Management Associate supports the section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring the country program, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:support to program development, planning and execution; support to monitoring and reporting of program results; support in resource mobilization; support in knowledge management and capacity building; support to logistic and administrative tasks.
1. Support to program development, planning and executionResearches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations. Administers the UNICEF donor database, making sure all donor and payment data is up to date, using Donor Perfect Online software and other dedicated donor management software, as needed. Follows all organizational procedures regarding donor data security. Manages the donor data information flow from various third parties involved in the donations process, such as: telemarketing agency, online payment processor, social integrator of direct debit and SMS donations etc. Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements. Carries out transactions in Vision ensuring program results, activities and program coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary. Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective program delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of program resultsPrepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results. Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, develops the monthly PBA, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilizationResearches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential). Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of program funds. Generates reports, donor data segmentations to support the implementation of the donor stewardship strategy, with a view to increasing donor retention and maximizing their long term value. Carries out transactions in Vision pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring program grants.
4. Support to logistic and administrative tasks
Events/LogisticsSupports the preparation, organizing and follow up of different types of events, activities and meetings, by making the logistical arrangements.
Coordinates with service providers.
Invoice ProcessingResponsible for collecting invoices, submission for payment, and filing documents. Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system. Responds to partners / clients regarding transaction status and other inquiries.
ProcurementDrafts TORs for consultants and contractors that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Prepares Purchase Requisitions and fund commitments in Vision.
5. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity buildingResearches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, program development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields. Minimum of six years of work experience, including progressively increasing responsibilities, from data collection, conciliation, updating to database administration, data analysis and reporting, hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience. Fluency in English and Romanian is compulsory. Advanced computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications; Working with Microsoft Excel files at a highly proficient level; Proficiency with advanced analytic functions such as VLOOKUP formula, named ranges, pivot tables, other formulas; Advanced understanding and knowledge of database systems; Knowledge of Microsoft Access database is a plus; Knowledge of SQL is a plus; Analytical, extremely high attention to details; Planning and monitoring skills; Ability to organize work and projects;
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
Core Competencies required:
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
This vacancy is archived.