The Data Manager will:
· Support MoH in setting up a Data room, coordinating relevant partners
· Communicate with MoH on data collection needs
· Assess Data collection tools in relation to vaccine roll out and see how improvements can be made
· Understand the outputs that the MoH wants to use to evaluate Vaccine rollout.
· Support MoH in the analysis of the data, including recommendations for way forward.
· Communicate with other actors to ensure all relevant parties are aware of data management systems
· Ensure information flow as required between IsraAID colleagues.
· Consolidating data management including
What data to collect
Improve consistency in data collected
Bolstering backup and network security
Advising on data ownership and ethical policies.
IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental and apolitical humanitarian aid agency dedicated to supporting populations in crisis around the world, Founded in 2001.
As of 2017, the organization has responded to crises in 50+ countries and has operations span across 17 countries and many different sectors of expertise from both the humanitarian aid and international development arenas.
During IsraAID’s 2-week exploratory mission in Eswatini, the IsraAID team conducted an
assessment to map and understand the various capacities, actors, assets, and gaps relating to
the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination. Staff deployed included experts in vaccination
campaigns, public health, operations, psychosocial support, and communications.
Based on these findings, the below plan of action proposes strategic interventions to:
(1) Provide tailored guidance to local actors;
(2) Support the facilitation of a successful vaccination rollout campaign;
(3) Identify, highlight and support the mitigation of potential risks throughout the rollout;
(4) Build the local health system’s capacity;
(5) Ensure that the vaccination program is utilized correctly, efficiently, and for the benefit of all Emaswati.
· Participates in compilation of data
· Participates in the search of missing data
· Submit weekly reports to the Medical Team Leader
· Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and ensure a good flow of communication of any relevant information.
Compliance & Ethics
· Understanding of and commitment to the following principles: cultural sensitivity, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, non-discriminatory, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against child exploitation and modern slavery.
· Commitment to abide by IsraAID's and UN's codes of conduct and principles.
· Commitment to abide by IsraAID's security policy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
· Secondary Degree
· Medical Data Management
· Experience with data management systems
· Knowledge of Health sector
· Fluent/mother tongue English
· Personal qualities: Flexibility, ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural people, open-minded, good communication skills, ability to listen, diplomacy
· Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and flexibility in a very challenging environment
· Demonstrated organizational skills
· Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
· Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines
· Willingness to abide by all IsraAID eSwatini security and policy guidelines
Solid understanding of the political context in eSwatini, including political, security and economic situation;
Excellent cross-cultural awareness.
Based in, Mbabane, eSwatini
Paid full-time, unaccompanied position
This vacancy is archived.