- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- The mission of CTG is to partner with the world's most effect humanitarian organisations to provide support in enabling the success of projects, to provide a duty of care to staff who operate in conflict affected countries & to ensure that all of our business practices remain ethical & uphold human rights.
The Company Secretary & Legal Administrator, will support the Client Services Director & General Counsel in ensuring the compliance of the company in all jurisdictions of operation, compliance with management systems & management of legal risk. Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting research & compiling reports on applicable company regulations & laws across all jurisdictions of operation.
- Conducting other legal research.
- Managing set ups of legal entities in new jurisdictions.
- Managing the compliance of existing legal entities’ annual local audit & reporting requirements.
- Developing trackers so key filing & renewal deadlines are never missed.
- Drafting relevant legal documents (including but not limited to board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, articles of association).
- Advising on & managing restructure of CTG’s legal entity structure to ensure consistency & efficiency.
- Liaising with local legal counsel & experts.
- Keeping files organised & up to date in paper & / or electronic format.
- Ensure that all CTG supply chain has gone through due diligence, comply with the company’s code of conduct & work towards raising their standards.
- Supporting General Counsel & Legal Counsel with other legal administrative matters.
- Supporting bid & sales team with information around legal entities as required for submissions.
- Assisting CTG finance teams on assisting with external due diligence, preparing requisite forms & all other documentation required by external corporations such as banks, auditors etc.
- This role reports to the Client Services Director & General Counsel but will be actively in communications & may receive directions with relevant stakeholders (including but not limited to the Legal Counsel, Tax Manager, Financial Controller, COO & CEO).
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrable relevant experience.
- Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) preferable.
- Experience in dealing with multiple jurisdictions, especially conflict-affected states, is an advantage.
- Be a self starter & able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Be comfortable handling large work load, working under time pressure, managing multiple issues at once.
- Have strong organisational skills, ability to follow up on issues & prioritise.
- Ability to manage various legal requirements, navigating, researching & using multiple legal systems, research tools, search engines etc.
- Possess excellent attention to detail & accuracy.
- Have superior research skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion with confidential matters.
- Have experience with online document management systems.
- Have business proficiency in computer systems & MS Office applications.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.