The Communications Manager will:
· Work alongside Ministry of Health risk communication committee professionals to support the planning, monitoring, and implementation of the vaccination communication plan and rollout.
· Support coordination between various communication actors on the ground to improve synergy.
· Plan, organize and carry out workshops, capacity building training, outreach efforts, and other communications activities to support the vaccination campaign.
· Lead the production of creative vaccination campaign materials and methodologies in partnership with local actors, as necessary.
· Collaborate closely with communication actors to ensure vaccine messaging resonates consistently within communities and local culture.
Founded in 2001 as a coalition of Israeli organizations working in disaster relief and international development, IsraAID has grown into an independent NGO and the largest humanitarian aid organization in Israel. From earthquakes and hurricanes to epidemics and forced displacement, IsraAID has been at the forefront of responding to major humanitarian crises worldwide. We have worked in more than 50 countries and at any one time have around 300 staff members worldwide.
During IsraAID’s 2-week exploratory mission in Eswatini, the IsraAID team conducted an
assessment to map and understand the various capacities, actors, assets, and gaps relating to
the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination. Staff deployed included experts in vaccination
campaigns, public health, operations, psychosocial support, and communications.
Based on these findings, IsraAID will work to collaborate with the MoH and local partners to support the efforts to implement a successful and effective vaccination campaign in the different areas listed above.
Education Information and Communication
· Coordinate resources and efforts with all relevant partners on the ground to maximize effectiveness communication efforts and resources.
· Identify and utilize creative methods of communication and associated messaging to promote the vaccine rollout in collaboration with MOH and other actors
· Develop health promotion material and associated evaluation tools to assess the reach of messaging in communities.
· Develop creative mechanisms for communicating with communities to promote active, dynamic, and shifting messaging solutions.
· Draft and develop public health materials such as brochures, leaflets, posters, audio, video, and social media outputs in relation to vaccine rollouts in line with local culture. Develop and implement evaluation tools to monitor the impact of this material.
· Responsible for organizing and implementing presentations, trainings, and workshops with and for other leading communications actors on the ground regarding Information, Education and Communication (IEC) strategies to be leveraged in promoting the vaccine rollout.
· Promote, plan, and carry out educational activities, trainings, and workshops for key local leaders (healthcare workers, public authorities, religious leaders, traditional leaders, teachers, etc.) on community engagement and outreach regarding the vaccine.
· Carry out advocacy and communication activities aimed at improving knowledge of relevant health areas, and specifically COVID-19 vaccination, in partnership with medical experts.
· Actively participate in clinical and medical meetings as well as community mental health events/activities.
Monitoring and Reporting
· Develop, monitor, collect data and assemble periodic report as required.
· Represent IsraAID and maintain regular contact with authorities and stakeholders at the community level (community leaders, coordinators, social development actors, NGOs, enabling community health centers, schools, etc.); as well as in the local media.
· Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and ensure a good flow of communication of any relevant information.
· Have a thorough understanding of the mission and regional contexts.
· Raise the profile of IsraAID, its work and country missions through active participation in Interaction forum, and external events when possible.
· Serve as advocate for the country mission
· Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Compliance & Ethics
· Understanding of and commitment to the following principles: cultural sensitivity, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, non-discriminatory, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach; codes of conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse; and against child exploitation and modern slavery.
· Commitment to abide by IsraAID's and the international community´s codes of conduct and principles.
· Commitment to abide by IsraAID's security policy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
· At least 2 years of experience in communications
· At least 2 years f experience in program management in humanitarian settings
· Impeccable cross-cultural awareness and communication abilities
· Fluent in English (written and spoken)
· High level of pedagogical, diplomatic, listening, and analysis skills
· Community oriented with strong facilitation and outreach skills
· Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and flexibility in a very challenging environment.
· Demonstrated organizational skills.
· Ability to relate to and partner with local staff effectively.
· Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
· Commitment to abide by all IsraAID eSwatini security and policy guideline.
Based in, Mbabane, eSwatini
Paid full-time, unaccompanied position.
This vacancy is archived.