The Biomedical Engineer provides technical support for selection, installation, preventive and curative maintenance of biomedical equipment according to international /MOH standards.
- He/she is responsible for the management of the biomedical equipment to ensure its quality, effective and efficient operation.
- Relevant professional experience in the health sector: Must be able to understand Cold Chain maintenance, installation, validation and management.
- Performs technical assessment and provides recommendations, advice, and support to the project and to MoH.
- Assist in the production of biomedical installations designs and drawings ensuring the good functioning and safety of installations.
- Understanding of gaps or weak areas in the cold chain and to respond accordingly: Gap analysis
- Have the knowledge and understanding of inventories and be able to implement if needed.
- Able to support and train teams on installation and management of cold chain equipment.
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of training activities for the MOH Biomedical technicians, and regional staff if required.
- Actively participate in the planning of National Vaccine roll out plan with a focus on solutions, capacity building within the medical logistics department of the MOH as well as actively engaging other relevant actors when appropriate
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Bachelor’s in biomedical engineering essential.
Demonstrable technical skills and understanding.
Minimum 2 years working in the health care setting/Hospital/clinics.
Cold chain transportation solutions and planning experience.
English mother tongue or fluent.
Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and ensure a good flow of communication of any relevant information.
Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning, structure and values.
Is aware of IsraAID objectives and activities in general and in the working context.
Participates actively in meetings and trainings.
Based in, Mbabane, eSwatini
Paid full-time, unaccompanied position.