WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace and stability for populations impacted by conflict, disasters and climate change.
WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world, and is the largest sustained emergency operation in history, providing lifesaving monthly food assistance to 10.5 million people most in need. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
To collect, analyze and report on information to maximize efficiency of aviation operations and services.
1. Support aviation projects or operational day-to-day activities applying standard processes, including the appropriate operational risk management processes, to contribute to effective humanitarian air transportation.
2. Collect and analyze data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of aviation activities and operations.
3. Support the supervisor with financial analysis and budget reviews to enable senior staff to optimize use of available funds.
4. Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting with simple analysis and queries.
5. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP-wide view of aviation activities that enables informed decision making and detailed reporting to donor representatives.
6. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners to safe aviation operations e.g. through the scheduling of training dates.
7. Identify and build productive relationships with aviation colleagues and staff within the unit or area of assignment to support a coordinated approach to humanitarian air transportation.
8. Follow emergency aviation preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly provide passenger services, relief supplies and emergency medical and security evacuations at the onset of a crisis.
9. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet the required provision of service to the humanitarian community, as needed.
10. Other as required.
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
Education: Advanced University degree in Aeronautics, Aviation Engineering, Airport Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses. Holds or has held a Commercial Pilot License, Air Traffic Control License or Flight Operations Officer License (or equivalent), Aeronautical Engineer or Maintenance Engineer License.
Experience: At least one year of experience in Aeronautics, Aviation Engineering, Airport Management or other relevant field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language & Fluency (level C) in Arabic language.
Nationality: Djiboutian citizenship
06 February 2023
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
لا يستعين برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالمطلق بوكالات أو مكاتب توظيف خارجية، حيث إنّ عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. ويتم اتخاذ جميع القرارات الخاصة بعملية التوظيف بناءً على الاحتياجات المؤسسية والمتطلبات الوظيفية والكفاءة والاستحقاق والمؤهلات الفردية. ويلتزم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بتوفير بيئة عمل شاملة للجميع، تخلو من الاستغلال والاعتداء الجنسيين وجميع أشكال التمييز والتعسف في استخدام السلطة وكل أنواع التحرش كالتحرش الجنسي. لهذا كان لزاماً أن يخضع جميع المرشحين للوظائف الذين يقع الاختيار عليهم لعمليات تدقيق صارمة بهدف مراجعة خبراتهم وخلفياتهم.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
This vacancy is archived.