You will deliver high quality procurement and asset management services by mastering relevant UNFPA administrative and procurement policy & procedures and applicable guidelines. You are expected to demonstrate a client-oriented, quality and results- oriented approach by interpreting and implementing the relevant rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support for the implementation of UNFPA programme.
You would be responsible for:
In consultation with the respective programme staff provide support and guidance on the preparation of the annual procurement plan in line with approved work plans, guide the development of detailed specifications of equipment and supplies to be procured, and terms of reference for professional services; and ensure the provision of efficient and effective services which include:
- Prepare and consolidate CO procurement plan in consultation with programme team and upload/update data on the online procurement planning tool timely.
- Coordinate with programme and operations staff on the preparation of accurate specifications for goods and substantive ToRs for the timely provision of goods and services.
- Assist and draft solicitation documents like RFQs, ITBs, EOIs or RFPs as per UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Collect quotation for goods and services, support the evaluation of bids and submits them for review and selection by the authorized official or committee, as per UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Prepare, submit and coordinate with UNDP for the approval of procurement cases through UNDP Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP); and the CRC according to UNFPA established procurement thresholds.
- Ensure procurement processes in Atlas System including the raising of Requisitions, issuance of Purchase Orders and applicable contracts for the provision of goods and services by selected Vendors, Consultants, and staff.
- Responsible for Vendor management; create/update Vendors in ATLAS through the UNFPA Vendor portal and liaise with the outsourced company for Vendor approval.
- Work closely with government counterparts, Clearing and Forwarding agent for custom clearance, prepare documents for customs clearance and shipping or transport of equipment to field offices; ensure appropriate storage and provision of inland transport for goods and equipment procured by UNFPA.
- Ensure timely update of order tracking system (OTS and liaise with UNFPA Finance Branch and Procurement Services Branch to ensure all inventory items are adequately reflected in the Shipment Tracker
- Coordinate all logistics process including coordination with UNFPA procurement services branch on ensuring communication of Expected Delivery Dates (EOD) of procurement undertaken by the Procurement Services Branch on behalf of the country office.
- Assist in the distribution plan of emergency services and goods in cooperation with the humanitarian team; support arrangement of the storage of humanitarian commodities as necessary, follows-up and report on the inventory management and distribution, in close coordination with the humanitarian team.
- Asset Management:
- Asset Management focal point; responsible for the processing and updating of the asset management module in the Atlas system
- Contribute to periodical assets verification exercise and ensure corrective actions are taken where required.
- Maintain and update the inventory list for all CO offices
- Ensure periodic and annual Asset verification and certification is completed timely.
- Assist in contingency planning and logistics preparedness reviews.
- Perform any other duties, as may be required by CO senior management.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum High School Education, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in logistics, administration or procurement.
- Practical experience in transportation, shipping, port operations, customs clearance and freight forwarding an advantage.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Prior experience in working with ERP financials is an advantage
- UN common system experience is desirable.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click \"Apply Now\" below.