Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Reports to Director of Admin and Finance
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks an Administrative Assistant to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal coverage of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work. The Administrative Assistant will ensure maintenance of a safe and clean office environment.
- Ensuring general cleanliness and tidiness of the entire office, washrooms and kitchen area. Ensure office safety by immediately reporting on faulty/broken windows and main doors
- Making and serving tea to staff and visitors. Assisting in ensuring the smooth running of the office by following up on timely office supplies deliveries e.g. office drinking water, reporting on office light replacements and repairs
- Responsible for sorting and distributing mail (DHL, post / internal documents) to staff at respective work stations.
- Ensure timely emptying of garbage from offices and collection by whoever is responsible (office site management)
- Ensure adequate and all-time availability of toiletries at required areas and kitchen requirements including (coffee, milk, sugar etc) through requesting for advances and ensuring timely purchase of supplies.
- Sitting in for the receptionist during breaks e.g. lunch hour.
- Responsible for ensuring safe working environment which includes drying of wet areas, reporting on electricity faults or open live cables in the office, furniture and equipment that may be broken.
- Support other staff as and when needed which may include photocopying and faxing, scanning, sorting and organizing documents and materials during trainings & conferences.
- Assist in organizing lunches, snacks, and drinks for office parties and brown bags.
- Assist in bulk invoice sorting and compiling, research data entry and Finance paperwork filing as may be requested
- Submission of visa applications as may be requested from time to time. Update admin staff on any changes with embassy requirements.
- Office stationery stock takes. Proper and neat arrangement of the stationery stock and ensuring adequate pieces of frequently used stationery in the shared office cabinets at all times.
- Assist with office errands and ensure follow up with Department of Immigration on cancelled work permits as well as processing of new work permits for the international staff.
What are we looking for?
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in office administration or entry-level for graduates.
- Strong Customer service skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team work
- Citizen of Liberia