The Project shall support the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure (MCTI) to strengthen administrative capacity and at the same time support the MCTI in their work with other relevant state institutions and state-owned companies to plan for and deliver construction and infrastructure investment projects of strategic importance by further enhancing MCTI`s policy planning, project development and other relevant capacities.
The Project will address increasing capacities of MCTI to deliver large strategic investment projects in construction, transport and infrastructure areas that are managed in well-coordinated, transparent, efficient and quality manner. In order to assist Ministry to efficiently use the available funds, implement properly and effectively all necessary reforms, continue fulfilling successfully the requirements of the EU accession process, there is a need to establish the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
In order to successfully contribute to the implementation of the Project, a gender policy specialist will be engaged. This will also include knowledge on major cross-cutting issues such as gender policy and mainstreaming.
The purpose of the position is to provide expert advice on gender policy and mainstreaming within the Memorandum for Provision of Management and Other Support Services signed between UNDP and MCTI.
To provide necessary expertise in relation to gender policy and mainstreaming within the MCTI projects in areas of construction, transportation and infrastructure in Serbia for the purpose of result-oriented, effective, efficient and accountable implementation of the activities within the Project.
The Gender Policy Advisor is responsible for providing expert advice to the Capacity Building Manager and MCTI on gender policy and gender mainstreaming as part of Ministry’s projects/programs. His/her primary responsibility is to provide necessary inputs for the purpose of effective and efficient mainstreaming of gender aspects in MCTI projects and activities, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible and accountable for supporting MCTI in conducting thorough analysis on the state of affairs on the gender policy and mainstreaming in strategic MCTI projects in the area of construction, transportation and infrastructure; Providing expert advices on gender policy and mainstreaming in implementing MCTI’s projects and programmes;
- Identify, collect and analyze relevant information and data relevant to gender equality and provide inputs for development of the new gender equality initiatives;
- Identify best practices, lessons learned and beneficiary feedback that could be used to prepare key messages and advocate for improvement of gender equality;
- In close cooperation with Capacity Building Manager develop strategic alliances with key stakeholders, community groups, and others who could contribute to the achievement of the goals specified within the advocacy strategy;
- Contribute the Project team and MCTI in implementing trainings and other capacity building activities of relevance for efficient project cycle management, with focus on gender mainstreaming in MCTI projects;
- Cooperating with other members of the project team in mainstreaming gender aspects in MCTI projects and programmes, and all deliverables and tasks involving MCTI capacity building activities;
- Propose and provide inputs related to gender equality (visuals and written content, digital media campaigns and social media-related inputs) and participate in development and implementation of the gender equality activities;
- Establish record with key stakeholders (state, non-state), pursue networking and information sharing on gender policy relevant topics and issues;
- Performing other duties as required by the Capacity Building Manager related to the assignment.
Gender Policy Advisor will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Capacity Building Manager and in cooperation with the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure (MCTI) staff.
- Innovation – Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management – Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery – Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree in gender policy and mainstreaming in Serbia;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in gender mainstreaming within the public sector.
- Experience in working with state institutions/international community in Serbia. Previous involvement in preparing development assistance projects.
- Excellent understanding of gender policy within Serbia’s public administration system will be considered an asset;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills;
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Experience in working with international organizations, actors, donor community, etc.;
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of the project outputs;
- Eager to share knowledge and experience;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced corporate and interpersonal communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ethical standards.
- Proven knowledge of EU/Donors’ funded projects;
- Previous involvement in preparing development assistance projects;
- Excellent understanding of gender mainstreaming and gender policy ;
Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the National Personnel Services Agreement (NPSA) categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension