Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the INL-funded 5-year Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP). This position will be located in Dubai, UAE.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations.
The Case Management System (CMS) Implementation and Transition Lead shall:
- Oversee the CMS Implementation and Transition Team in the development and implementation of CMS 2.0, including transition from current CMS 1.0 workflow (batch entry) to CMS 2.0 workflow (real-time entry) utilizing CMS 2.0 next generation features
- Advise and assist justice institution stakeholders, including the CMS Governance Board, Monitoring Board and Technical Committee, on the assessment, potential development and practical implementation of CMS 2.0
- Assist and advise counterparts in the development of a CMS transition and roll-out plan for CMS 2.0 in “batch” and “real time” courts and justice institution offices
- Work with the OCB component to develop training materials for CMS 2.0 “real-time” courts and justice institution offices
- Develop and deliver workshops and/or training for counterparts and JSSP staff on CMS integration topics including caseflow management, workflow, and change management
- Establish and maintain relationships and coordinate activities with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, local government officials, police and prosecutors, members of the judiciary, international organizations and Afghan organizations involved in the justice sector, and customary and traditional law actors
- Attend CMS-related meetings and other meetings as required
- Supervise the Kabul CMS Implementation and Transition Team on planning, managing, coordinating and implementing the CMS integration objectives
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate Kabul CMS Implementation and Transition Team on project operations in assigned areas to ensure that CMS-related objectives and milestones are achieved
- Write, review, and edit weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports
- Assist in identifying and screening short-term and long-term candidates for CMS
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience
- A minimum of four years’ substantive experience in a field relevant to their position
- A minimum of two years’ international experience, including development programs
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree or juris doctor from an accredited institution preferred
- The candidate should demonstrate a detailed understanding of the Afghan judiciary and processes excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills; the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
- Provide past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work creatively and effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude
Only American Nationals (ANs) or Third Country Nationals (TCNs) may apply.