Founded in 1997 by the gynaecologist Marie Bruyns in 1997 “Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World - Belgique (MdM-BE)” is an international medical development Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in Brussels, Belgium that is part of the international MdM network. MdM-BE’s main activities/services are the provision of medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. The MdM network is managing 439 programs in 80 countries. MdM’s vision is to ensure universal healthcare coverage globally, and that all persons have access to care without barriers (financial, cultural, geographic, etc.). MdM’s actions are based on the three pillars of the organization, which are: 1) Care (give people real access to healthcare without barriers), 2) Testimonies (gain facts about healthcare realities and disseminate them), 3) Sustainable change. The majority of our programs are mobile, meaning MdM goes where the most vulnerable people live (outreach), i.e. doing street work, visiting squats or camps and going to isolated villages. MdM-BE is currently active in Belgium and eleven other countries: Croatia, Bosnia-and-Hercegovina, Congo, Tunisia, Haiti, Niger, Mali, Greece, Morocco and Libya.
MdM started its activities in Una Sana Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in May 2019 and is currently implementing two interventions:
· As implementing partner of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), under European Commission (DG-HEALTH) funding, MdM supports children on the move through the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) in temporary reception centres (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton.
· As implementing partner of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), under European Commission (DG-ECHO) funding, MdM supports adults (prevalently men) on the move through the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services in temporary reception centres (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton and in Sarajevo Canton.
In line with MdM mission statement and the objectives of MdM Strategy in BiH, you are the one in charge of financial, administrative &HR, and logistics of the mission in order to ensure project implementation through efficient use of resources. You also provide support to the General Coordination in terms of Internal Communication.
The position is under the hierarchical supervision of the General Coordinator and functional supervision from the Finance, HR and Log referent in HQ.
The position supervises: 2-3 collaborators
Human Resources Management
• Manage the files of the mission staff members (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, induction of new employees, confidentiality of HR information ...)
• Develop and harmonize HR policies and tools (timesheet, evaluation process, employment contract templates, job profiles, HR database management, leave, etc.) and oversee their implementation by all field teams
• In collaboration with Headquarters, update HR reference documents (conditions of employment, internal regulations, medical care policy for national staff, break policy, admin manual, etc.).• Drawing up staff employment contracts, contract renewals and/or contractual amendments
• Conduct disciplinary procedures, investigations
• Supervise payroll and administrative procedures in accordance with national legislation
· •Define and monitor the training plan for national staff, in collaboration with headquarters and international staff.
· •Produce organizational charts ensuring their consistency with operational requirements
• Ensure that remuneration systems are fair and consistent with the cost of living for national staff, conduct regular benchmarking
• Organize and supervise the recruitment of personnel, and the entry and exit of personnel
• Communicate administrative data to Headquarters for the management of benefits for international staff
Administrative and Legal management
• Ensure a fiscal and legal watch, rights and duties of the mission vis-à-vis the country's institutions
• Take the necessary measures to ensure compliance with the legislation in force in all the actions of the program.
• Actively collaborate in the mission's registration procedures with the relevant authorities and the various government departments.
• Internal Communication:
• Support the General Coordinator in the implementation of an internal communication policy on the mission (e.g. posting of internal notes, reference documents, communication of life rules...).
• Ensure optimal insurance coverage in relation to people (e.g. civil liability, work accident...)
• Ensure the day-to-day management of social relations within the organization directly with the social partners (e.g. direct contacts with the social partners, staff delegation... )
• Ensure the supervision, control and accounting consolidation of the mission (control of accounting and analytical allocations, verification of accounting documents, control of cash inventories and bank reconciliations).
• Elaborate budgets and ensure the internal budget follow-up of the mission: produce & communicate to the different managers the monthly budget follow-ups with the realized expenses, update the estimated expenses with the coordination team and the project managers (including financial coverage).
• Elaborate budget proposals, donors' financial reports (interim and final reports)
• Ensure the proper preparation of internal and external audits in conjunction with headquarters
• Supervise the sending of monthly accounting closures to Headquarters including supporting documentation
• Control analytical allocations
• Ensures the monitoring and regularization of advance accounts
• Ensure sufficient cash flow for the mission; prepare monthly cash flow requests (FFRs) for sending to headquarters
• Organize the movement of funds between the headquarters-mission and between the field coordination in accordance with internal procedures (fund security manual).
• Maintain the fund security checklist.
• Lead the development of the Logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation
• Provide logistics guidance, advice and support to the mission and Logistics staff. Conduct regular field visits
• Ensure all MDM-BE Logistics policies, systems and guidelines are implemented used and adhered
• Take part to any assessment as per required
• Consolidate Logistics reporting (narrative, procurement, warehouse, fleet and assets) and prepare monthly logistics report.
• Define/adapt and implement the logistics tools required to achieve the general objectives, in close collaboration with the General Coordinator, other Management team and Logistics Advisor for International missions (MDM-BE HQ, Brussels).
• Assist the Management team on the schedule of all Logistics activities need, in order to reach project objectives.
• Support the General Coordinator in providing inputs on Logistics matters to proposals and budgets.
• Ensure the overall Supply Chain management for the response in the mission.
• In coordination with the management team, be in charge of implementation follow-up and respect of MdM-BE procedures (procurement, communication, stock fleet, asset, etc.)
• Ensure active monitoring and supervision of the logistics assistant in the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and official handover of items.
• Insure that all the filing system is recorded and archives (back-up, hard and soft/cloud versions).
• Identify human resource needs, oversee recruitment, Create / revise job descriptions and facilitate the introduction of new team members
• Mentors team members; develops annual action plans, sets individual goals, conducts evaluations, organizes back-ups for leaves of absence, absences, and disciplinary action.
• Ensures that the safety plan is understood by the team for which he/she is responsible and that safety rules are respected.
• Identify training needs (coaching, continuing education, etc.) of the team members.
• Train relevant staff members to the Fin, Log & HR tools and procedures in place
• Develop and run training courses in Finance, Administration, Logistics and/or HR and/or on specific subjects in order to increase the skills and knowledge of MdM team members.
• Guarantee the filing, archiving of documentation, and the security of data produced by your services.
• Organize and supervise department meetings
Coordination Team member
• Act as a point of contact with the technical referent(s) at the head office.
• Contribute to the organization of back-up (absences, vacations)
• Participate with the country coordination team in the reflection on the evolution of the mission, and the programming of new projects and/or reorientation (project cycle, Annual Action Plans, Country Intervention Strategy).
• Write regular reports on its activities
• Participate in the drafting of the technical parts of funding applications and donor reports by profession.
• Carry out ad-hoc internal controls when travelling on projects
• Participate in inter-admin meetings with other NGOs
• Conduct job-specific briefings and debriefings for all new staff members and visitors
These responsibilities will be implemented in a specific and transversal way based on the annual individual action plan, established in collaboration between the person in charge and the holder of the position in question.
The activities may evolve according to the context.**
· You have a University Degree in Accounting, Economics, Management, Political Science, Law, Management, Project Management, Public Health or equivalent NGO experience.
· You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in an administrative, financial, human resources and logistics coordination function.
· You have experience in an NGO.
· You have a good knowledge of the main donors.
· You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of French.
· You have a perfect command of the MS Office package and the SAGA accounting software.
· You are familiar with basic policies and procedures for Administration, HR, Finance and Logistics.
· You have experience in opening new bases and new projects.
· You have analytical and synthesis skills.
· You have a perfect personal organization.
· You are pedagogical and have management and coaching skills.
· You have all these other skills: rigour and morality. Diplomacy. Team spirit. Flexibility.
• An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
• Job location: Sarajevo with frequent visits to Bihać
• A full-time contract.
• Duration : 3 or 6 month with possibility of extension
• Starting date: beginning of January
• If expat : a gross salary of 2526,32 € for 0 years of experience ; a gross salary of 2921,58 € for 10 years of experience ; a gross salary of 3119,21 € for 20 years of experience (per diem included). Relevant experience recognized.
• If expat : a package of advantages (insurance…).
This vacancy is archived.