Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Senior Project Officer – MEAL – Database who work closely with the MEAL Director to support in project monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) activities. He/She will also work closely with a team of MEAL Officers in the project zones to spearhead activities and events in support of CRS’s work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Specifically, you will be responsible for supporting development, maintenance, and utilization of the KIDSS project database. Your role will also involve strengthening the project MEAL system to ensure high-quality data and building the capacity of program and MEAL teams as you work in close collaboration with the project zonal and technical teams in support of CRS’s work serving HIV-infected and -affected OVC and their caregivers. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that MEAL officers acquire the necessary knowledge and skills and that the project consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The position is based in Yaoundé/Cameroon
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices, including CRS MEAL policies, procedures, and practices.
· Spearhead development and maintenance of a dynamic project database and ensure optimal utilization of quality data at the partner and CRS level. Work closely with implementing and clinical partners to harness relevant innovations to enhance the database, including web technologies for integration, mobile app, cloud solutions
· Participate in user sessions with partners to ensure complete user requirements are captured, validated, and incorporated into the MIS.
· Responsible for documentation of database evolutions, user manuals, SOPs and version control including troubleshooting and providing technical support to database users in close collaboration with CRS ICT4D.
· Champion the use of data for decision making across project through MEAL officers, program, and technical teams. Ensure the same knowledge is reflected at local partner level through tracking of key performance indicators and providing timely data to inform routine portfolio review sessions.
· Ensure that all donor/project and CRS reporting requirements are available and accessible within the MIS. Analyze and share timely, quality data guided by analysis plan and support compilation of regular and ad hoc project reporting requirements that meet CRS, donor, and partner needs.
· Ensure systematic identification of data quality gaps and working towards having sufficient data quality controls within the system. Provide technical assistance to implementing partners with respect to Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA), documentation and follow-up of action plans in line with USAID/PEPFAR DQA standards, as well as CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures.
· Support and coordinate MIS capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project MEAL activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards. Optimize partner participation and capacity development in the implementation of MEAL systems through mentorship, supportive supervision and training on data management collection, analysis, and interpretation.
· Conduct capacity assessments to identify MIS gaps to inform capacity building plan sessions in close collaboration with the KIDSS MEAL Director to ensure effective implementation of the project MEAL plan.
· Ensure timely project documentation and reporting for assigned MEAL activities is complete with all required documents filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree required in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Technology /Information System Management, or any relevant field.
· Minimum of 4 years work experience in project support, ideally in MEAL and with an NGO or UN agency.
· 2-5 years in software or database development.
· Extensive programming experience using Java J2EE, SQL, JMS /C++/C#, python
· Extensive experience with databases – data structures, relational data model, stored procedures
· Good knowledge on the usage of Microsoft Office 365 suite.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
· Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
· Strong demonstrated experience in MEAL.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Extremely flexible and can cope with stressful situations.
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
· Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
· Good presentation and facilitation skills
· Strong software design and programming skills using either C#, R, Java, Python, RESTful APIs, JSON, Web Services, XML .NET Frameworks and Windows environments
· Good command of databases (My SQL, Postgre SQL, Oracle)
· Experience in Agile Development/Software life-cycle development (SDLC)
· Experience in building full-stack solutions incorporating web front-end and relational databases
· Good understanding of application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications.
· Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment and work independently
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
· Ability to travel and work in rural remote areas
· Knowledge of managing and deploying system within a changing environment
· Experience in use of source code management systems like SVN or GIT hub
· Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel to 40%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
This vacancy is archived.