Assignment: Under the supervision of the REACH Senior Assessment Officer, the REACH Field Officer is responsible for the management and implementation of REACH assessments; with anticipated travel to field locations as required.
· Assessment Preparation and Training;
o Undertake travel and conduct preliminary planning missions in assessment sites
o In coordination with the REACH senior assessment officer and operations staff prepare all details related to data collection (field schedule, daily collection quote, logistics and administration) according to specified methodology
o Coordinate and plan assessment team training, and facilitate sessions of the assessment training.
· Data Collection in the Field
o Follow all guidance from REACH senior assessment staff while in the field; ask questions when necessary
o Collect data independently in line with specified tools and methodology.
o Accompany and actively manage data collectors in the field and ensure accurate data collection as specified in the methodology.
o Communicate any delay in data collection to relevant senior staff
o Participate in debriefings with senior staff as needed.
o Assure the quality of the data collected based on REACH quality standards. Spot-check for accuracy during data collection.
o Ensure care of all REACH inventory including daily check of assessment mobile phones
· Data Validation and Data Cleaning
o Download all data from the mobile phones at the end of each data collection day
o Spot-check for accuracy at the end of each day; question team leaders about any inaccuracies observed and review in daily team debriefs.
o Perform data cleaning at the end of each assessment day
· Safety and Security
o Follow ACTED safety and security protocols and norms inside the country.
o Follow ACTED code of conduct in country.
o Communicate any security incidents immediately to the relevant senior staff.
o Ensure that data collected is removed from paper or smartphone platforms as soon as the data has been transferred to the REACH senior assessment staff
o Ensure the privacy and security of the information collected in the field
· Protection mainstreaming
· Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in humanitarian or development organizations, preferably in Lebanon.
· Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced field environment for extended periods of the time required
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (social science, development) required
· Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection
· Experience managing casual labourers
· Experience conducting focus group discussions
· Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
· Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
· Good communication skills
· Good time management skills
· Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
· Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic required.
-Ability to work independently
This vacancy is archived.