Position: Project Manager – DRI Libya
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: 30 April 2022
Location: Tunis, Tunisia (with regular travels to Libya if the security situation allows)
DRI is currently looking for a Project Manager, primarily for DRI’s component of the ISAL project (Improved Service delivery and Accountability at Local level). This project is funded by the European Union and implemented by a consortium of VNG International (the consortium lead), CILG, and DRI. DRI’s project component aims to increase participatory policy-making and civic engagement in Libya’s transition. Through civic education and democratisation interventions, DRI will work with four different target groups – elected officials, civil society organisations, citizens, and thought leaders, academics and researchers – in different communities across Libya.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of DRI’s Director of Programmes, the Project Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the implementation of DRI’s component of the ISAL Project; coordinating effectively between DRI Headquarters, DRI Libya and the project consortium, coordinating activities in Libya and Europe; as well as implementing a set of activities in Tunisia. More specifically, the Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project through its life cycle, in line with programme objectives and in strict compliance with the contract and the requirements of the grant giver, ensuring that programme products and activities are responsive to programme goals and delivered in an effective, timely and cost-effective manner, using standardised programme management tools including work breakdown structures, programme logic, logframes etc.
• Regularly monitors implementation and proposes any modifications to the implementation calendar (work plan) that may be required.
• Ensures a continuous and effective MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) process throughout the project management cycle.
• Ensures that gender and diversity mainstreaming is applied throughout the project management cycle.
• Manages the programme budget, prepares forecasts, checks financial follow-ups and reports.
• Prepares relevant narrative reports, amendment proposals and acts as the local contact point for the other consortium members and Donors.
• Assesses programmatic and financial risks and issues that might arise over the course of the program life cycle, as well as suggesting measures to correct them when they occur and implementing the approved measures.
• Identifies, formulates and implements activities in Tunisia and coordinates their implementation in Libya and Europe where applicable, including supervision of procurement and recruitment processes according to the programme needs.
• Contributes to DRI’s fundraising to guarantee financial sustainability of DRI’s Libya programme until end of the implementation period.
• Manages programmatic staff in Libya and Tunis and closely coordinates with the Finance and Administration Manager and Procurement and Logistics Officer.
• Monitors the security situation and ensures that activities in Libya are conducted in line with the project’s security policy and with the utmost consideration for the security of staff and partners.
• Closes the project.
• Develops ideas and proposals for follow-up work.
• In the case of acquisition of an additional project under the DRI’s Libya programme, the Project Manager might be tasked with coordinating parts of another project, as required.
Coordination, Communication & Representation
• Represents the programme at various fora, occasionally at high-level gatherings.
• Coordinates the programme in Libya and Tunisia ensuring coherence between the overall ISAL project and DRI’s component.
• Ensures regular and effective communication and coordination with the other consortium members and reports regularly to DRI HQ.
• Develops and maintains relationships with key actors in Libya and Tunisia.
• Further develops a visibility and outreach strategy for the programme ensuring strict compliance with the visibility requirements of the grant giver.
• Ensures the regular up-dating of the DRI website relative to the programme in accordance with the DRI visibility and communication standards.
• Other relevant duties compatible with the main tasks, as required.
Your Education & Experience:
• Master’s Degree in social sciences, public administration, development, law or a related field;
• At least eight years of relevant/progressive professional experience managing projects in international development, including at least five related to (local) governance, civil society or related fields, preferably with an international NGO;
• Proven experience in managing projects funded by the European Commission, preferably through EEAS is strongly desirable;
• Strong coordination skills with the ability to effectively coordinate among partner organisations; experience in implementing projects in a consortium is preferred;
• Knowledge of North Africa and Libya in specific is an asset;
• Experience of working in conflict-affected environments;
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
• Strong presentation skills (written and oral);
• Excellent interpersonal, managerial and communication skills, and a strong administrative track record, including proven leadership, staff and financial management;
• Good negotiation skills and the ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter, CV and three references) to email@example.com. Please include “Project Manager – DRI Libya” in the subject line and also inform us about your earliest possible starting date.
Closing date for applications: 15 December 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10
This vacancy is archived.