ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of mission in Cote d’Ivoire, the candidate will support the implementation of various programmes and research activities as well as contribute to the development of projects. The duration of an internship assignment varies in length and lasts a minimum of 3 to 6 months, renewable up to a maximum of 9 months according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of IOM programmes.
RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the intern will be in charge of the following activities:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Fluency in French and English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation
This vacancy is archived.