Founded in 1997 by the gynaecologist Marie Bruyns in 1997 “Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World - Belgique (MdM-BE)” is an international medical development Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in Brussels, Belgium that is part of the international MdM network. MdM-BE’s main activities/services are the provision of medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. The MdM network is managing 439 programs in 80 countries. MdM’s vision is to ensure universal healthcare coverage globally, and that all persons have access to care without barriers (financial, cultural, geographic, etc.). MdM’s actions are based on the three pillars of the organization, which are: 1) Care (give people real access to healthcare without barriers), 2) Testimonies (gain facts about healthcare realities and disseminate them), 3) Sustainable change. The majority of our programs are mobile, meaning MdM goes where the most vulnerable people live (outreach), i.e. doing street work, visiting squats or camps and going to isolated villages. MdM-BE is currently active in Belgium and eleven other countries: Croatia, Bosnia-and-Hercegovina, Congo, Tunisia, Haiti, Niger, Mali, Greece, Morocco and Libya.
MdM started its activities in Una Sana Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in May 2019 and is currently implementing two interventions:
· As implementing partner of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), under European Commission (DG-HEALTH) funding, MdM supports children on the move through the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) in temporary reception centres (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton.
· As implementing partner of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), under European Commission (DG-ECHO) funding, MdM supports adults (prevalently men) on the move through the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services in temporary reception centres (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton and in Sarajevo Canton.
In line with MdM mission statement and the objectives of MdM Strategy in BiH, the Programme Manager ensures the implementation of MHPSS activities and compliance with donor’s requirement. The position acts in close collaboration with the other members of the Senior Management Team to support the development of MdM’s presence in BiH.
The Programme Manager is under the direct supervision / line management of the General coordinator BiH and works in close collaboration with MHPSS Coordinator and field team.
Programme manager Bosnia and Herzegovina is responsible for coordination of full staff team in Bosnia and Hercegovina (20-30 persons), on-time and quality programmes/projects implementation as well as official representation of MdM-BE in Bihac.
Programme manager Bosnia and Hercegovina is under the direct responsibility of the General coordinator Balkans (Sarajevo).
More precisely, Programme manager Bosnia and Herzegovina must complete the following tasks:
· Continuous mapping/monitoring of evolution of the national/local context related to MdM priorities (access to (mental) healthcare, migration, etc.) and reports about it on regular basis to HQ/Balkans office. Reviewing and adapting as necessary viability/set-up of the intervention (including planning the project/programme strategy for next phases).
· Ensuring on-time and quality implementation of different MdM programmes/projects in BiH that includes planning & monitoring of activities/teams, budget management, coordination of security issues and operations (in line with donors’, national and MdM procedures).
· Developing reports to donors and internal situation reports.
· Developing and maintaining regular relationships with local authorities & institutions, donors, UN agencies, diplomatic missions, NGOs and other key stakeholders at Una Sana canton level
· Support General Coordination to fund-raising and projects/programmes’ development process by identifying/monitoring potential funding opportunities and drafting/providing inputs for projects proposals.
This list is not exhaustive, and candidate must be flexible to take on additional tasks relating to this position as is validated by General Coordinator, based on identified and changing needs.
The job position is located in Bihać but the candidate should be prepared to travel frequently to Sarajevo.
Programme manager Bosnia and Hercegovina must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MDM-BE Charter of values.
Functional and hierarchical link: The function is under direct supervision of General coordinator.
This function does has management responsibility over MdM field team in Bosnia and Hercegovina.
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree in medecine, humanities, social sciences or similar.
· At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in project management and project development in the field of access to healthcare/human rights/social inclusion.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian crisis management.
Competencies/langage and other skills:
· Excellent management skills.
· Excellent writing and oral skills.
· Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships.
· Ability to work autonomously and to work under pressure.
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
· Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
· Driving licence “B” category would be an asset.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of french, arabic, farsi and/or local langage would be an asset.
· An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
· Job location : Bihać with frequent visits to Sarajevo
· A full-time contract.
· Duration : 3 or 6 month with possibility of extension
· Starting date: beginning of January
· If expat : a gross salary of 2526,32 € for 0 years of experience ; a gross salary of 2921,58 € for 10 years of experience ; a gross salary of 3119,21 € for 20 years of experience (per diem not included). Relevant experience recognized.
· If expat : a package of advantages (insurance…).
This vacancy is archived.